Am I the only morbid one that thinks I'm going to die when I leave my family? Please tell me I'm not.
One time, after Scott and I were only married for a few months, I flew to London to hang out with my BFF. We took a ferry over to Calais, France, drove through northern France, Belgium, and Holland. (Yes, I stared at the prostitutes in the red light district in Amsterdam. It was awesome.) I had the time of my life. We stayed up late eating chocolate and watching Dutch TV, not understanding a word of it. But I ALMOST didn't make that trip- I was so scared of flying across the world without my husband.
I am completely neurotic and I was convinced that my flight from LAX to London would be hijaked by Islamic extremists and my husband of only a few months would be left to plan my funeral. So I did what any normal girl would do. I gave him a letter, with STRICT instructions: "DO NOT OPEN UNLESS I DIE." (I'd love to find that letter...it would be pretty amusing).
You can imagine now that I have deliciously yummy babies and even more years of married bliss under my belt, my anxiety is heightened. Now I REALLY don't want to be in some freak accident.
That should explain my state of being tonight. I leave my husband and 2 of my 3 babies tomorrow. I LOVE getting away, but my crazy side sets in and I start to worry. Before we put the kids in bed, we sat down to read scriptures like we do every night. Nothing special. Scott always reads outloud and I hate to admit it, but sometimes my mind wanders. Not tonight. Guess the verses that he started to read?
Alma 5:28-29 "..........I say unto you, if ye are not ye are not prepared to meet God. Behold ye must prepare quickly; for the kingdom of heaven is soon at hand, and such an one hath not eternal life.
Behold, I say, is there one among you who is not stripped of aenvy? I say unto you that such an one is not prepared; and I would that he should prepare quickly, for the hour is close at hand, and he knoweth not when the time shall come; for such an one is not found guiltless."
I shouted out, in the middle of Scott reading, "SERIOUSLY?! IT'S A SIGN!! I SHOULDN'T GO!"
But I'm going to choose not to be neurotic. If my plane gets hijacked my islamic extremists (hey, you never know...Midland, TX seems like a place they would target) then it's my time. :) haha.
So off I go tomorrow, to Midland, TX, with my sweet little Sophie in tow. I can't wait to see how she reacts to flying. The last time she flew she was a toddler and obviously doesn't remember. I know we'll be fine. But I'm sure, despite my better judgement, I'll leave a note somewhere for Scott. JUST IN CASE........
Friday, October 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're definitely not the only one. Sometimes my crazy gets so out of control I panic that I'm going to die putting my cart away at the grocery store and my kids will die of heat stroke because no one will realize that they were with me.
Yeah, I have issues.
Dude-thank you!! I thought I was the only one!! Seriously-thank you for sharing-I worry a lot more-around a certain time of the month! Someone in my ward lost their hubby in a motorcycle accident and ever since then I don't like my hubs leaving without me!!
Since I recently flew with the kids and left my husband all alone at home, we had a similar talk before he dropped me off at the airport (just in case something happened). I am glad I am not alone!
Post a Comment