I've been seeing alot of mirror framing on pinterest lately. Our house has the plain mirrors that the builder put in and I thought that framing our mirrors was something we could actually do! I let Scott in on the plan and he was on board. An hour at home depot and a little work later, voila! We are super happy with the results! We started on the mirror in our master bathroom in case we messed up no one would really have to see it but us! We are doing the kids' bathroom next. I really love it! We painted our bathroom while we were at it, too. The color is "soar" by Behr.
BEFORE: White walls, bare mirror.
**Excuse my horribly messy bathroom..
AFTER: Painted walls, framed in mirror.
Next week we are having crown molding installed! I am so excited. Note- Scott and I will NOT be doing that ourselves. :) We are also having a built in media niche installed in our family room. Here is the picture that I showed the carpenter (who just so happens to be my friend Jill's Dad) :
Scott is more excited than me because this means he gets to buy a new TV to fit into the new space in the media niche. What is it with men and their electronics?!?! It's so fun to see our house slowly transform.
These girls, on the other hand, could care less about crown molding or a framed mirror. I guess that's why we are commanded to be more like children..what wonderful things they teach me every day. The other night we forgot to read our scriptures as a family and I heard Sophie crying in her room. When I asked her what was wrong, in between her sniffles, she quietly said, "We didn't read our scriptures." I thought my heart was going to burst! Kids are so much closer and sensitive to the spirit than adults. These little Crabtree kids teach more than I could ever dream of teaching them. I'm so lucky to be their Mom... except when they sass and backtalk me. Then I don't feel so lucky. :) Just trying to keep it real.. :)
Sophie
Little Lily still doesn't talk. She drives me loco with her grunting. She definitely lets us know what she wants. She will march right up to something, point, and just start yelling and grunting. I keep telling her life would be SO much easier for all parties involved if she would just TALK already, but it's a futile conversation. Today, when I had given up all hope of this baby girl talking before the age of 13, she pointed to her yogurt, looked at me dead in the eye, and yelled: "MA!!!". I nearly wet my pants. I looked at her and started clapping and yelling and said, "MORE?!?! Do you want MORE??!" She smiled, nodded her head yes, pointed again, and yelled "MA!!!!! MA!!!" Just to make sure, once again I said, "Lily!! Do you want MORE??" She nodded, smiled, pointed, and said, "MA! MA!" Exciting things are happening around here!
Lily LOVES her baby doll. She carries it around all the time, kisses her, hugs her, and shares her bottle with her. (Don't judge- yes, she's 17 months old and still drinks a bottle in the morning and night. We're working on that.)
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Sweet babies!! BTW- The bathroom looks awesome!! I can't believe what a difference it made-with paint too!!
Seriously awesome bathroom now!!
Very impressed that you are motivated to work on home projects yourselves...and you are in good hands with who you hired to do the other work :)
Love that you always "keep it real" and bring a smile to my face with what you write.
Post a Comment