All I want for Christmas?? To finally turn this blog into a book! I am so thankful for times that I have had to go back and read about events. I've kept this blog since Scott and I were first married and it truly has been a journal for me. I went through the process to turn it into a book, did all the work, and then never actually ordered it. I've gotta do that one of these days.
I had my first EVER parent teacher conference this morning for Brent! It is always so wonderful that someone else thinks that your child is as amazing as you do. She told me that he is so sensitive and always concerned about other's feelings. He is far ahead of his grade level in math (which is no surprise for us...we joke that he is the "rain man") and right on track with everything else. She told us of her plans to start pulling him aside to challenge him mathematically which I'm really impressed with. Public schools sometimes get a bad rep for not catering to the student's needs as individuals and I'm really impressed with her motivation to try and challenge Brent as an individual. It must be hard to do with 27 other little kindergarteners. She also said that he is a friend to everyone and wishes they could all be like him. I wanted to kiss her feet right then and there! It's one thing to think your own child is great but as a mother, there really is nothing better than to hear someone else affirm that. On the comments on his report card, she wrote "Brent is eager to learn new concepts. He shows good leadership abilities. Brent continues to display leadership qualities and is a good model for students in the classroom. He has a big heart and makes sure that things are "good" for Mrs. Cook. He continues to grow academically and socially."
I'm a proud mama. Hopefully this report card and parent teacher conference wasn't a fluke and this trend continues with him.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Charlie's teacher told me that he pulled his pants down and showed his "goods." NOT a proud mama...
Post a Comment