Life is good. Baseball has started back up. Combine that with piano and dance for both of the girls and they stay pretty busy. I'm still Primary President, which keeps me pretty busy. We've got a pretty sweet group of primary kids, but I can not lie: when I come home on Sundays I want to lock myself in my room and stare at a wall for a few hours. Especially the Sundays when I have sharing time. I've learned so much though and for that I am thankful.
I mentioned that Lily is in dance. That's right, I put my 2 year old that is still in diapers in dance. I couldn't resist- we get a sibling discount since Sophie dances at the same studio and Lily gets to take a baby ballet class for $15 bucks a month! You can't beat that! She is SO naughty and does not listen AT all to her teacher. But she is SO flipping cute that no one cares. :) She is also quite the naughty thing in nursery and I got a report from the nursery leader last week that Lily got into her purse, took out her keys, and then hid them. Oops. She still doesn't say too much, but she HAS made huge strides and is starting to finally put words together. When I call her, she will come running and say, "What Mommy?!!" When we get in the car and if I don't immediately back out of the garage, she screams at the top of her lungs, "GOOOO!! GO!! GOOO!!!! MOMMY!!! GO!" She has also been successfully weaned from the binky! Who-hoo! It was rough for a couple of days, but she got over it and we are binky free.
Sophie loves preschool and dancing as well. She keeps me on my toes and is quite the demanding little thing. I am 100% confident that she is payback for how I was as a child. She is confident, sassy, and strong willed, yet she can be shy at times too. She is too smart for her own good and constantly says things that just crack us up. She and Lily have started playing really well together- I think that is partially due to the fact that she has finally realized that she can boss Lily around all she wants and Lily will listen, which isn't something she gets away with when playing with Brent!
The picture above is Sophie and her friend Sofia. I love Lily in the background!! haha!
In January, we went to the beach and it was gorgeous weather! I've decided the beach and the weather are the only real redeeming values of California. Oh, and Disneyland. Everything else is pretty much awful (I'm referring to the politics, gas prices, the price of EVERYTHING, etc. etc.)
Brent is excelling in Kindergarten. He loves his teacher and has made some great friends (interestingly enough, they are mostly girls...). It was so funny the other day our doorbell rang. I answered it to find three little 5 year olds looking up at me. They smiled sweetly and said, "Is Brent home???" Right in that moment, my mind flashed forward 12 years and I think I got a preview of high school. I called for Brent and his eyes were the size of Texas when he saw who it was (3 girls from his kindergarten class) and before I knew it, he was out the door faster than I could blink. He is reading so well and can rattle off math problems like no one's business. His weakness is coloring...in his homework packet they will sometimes have some type of coloring sheet and he sits at the kitchen table with his head in his hands and will SOB, begging not to do it. He will say, "I don't like coloring!! Please!! Can I do some math?! Can I spell some words?! I just don't want to color!!!" He started piano lessons last month and is blowing my mind at how quickly he is picking it up. Because he is very analytical and has a wonderful memory, it took just a few weeks to memorize most of the notes on the keyboard. He knows what bar lines and measures are, the difference between quarter notes and half notes, and can pick out A, B, C, D, and E on the keys. It makes my heart happy because I think this is something he can excel at. Baseball on the other hand... bless his little heart. Let's just say he's not the most coordinated kid. But he LOVES it and we love him. :)
Brent and some of his buddies with their light sabers..
He has discovered Star Wars and is IN LOVE!!!
So the other day, we were dog sitting a dog. Brent was outside and came in saying, "Mommy, I found a bunny! But I'm sad because I think it's dead." Next thing I know, I did a double take and before I could process what was happening, I saw him standing there holding a DEAD RABBIT!!! IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!! I screamed and then FROZE because I realized if I freaked him out then he might drop it and the LAST thing I wanted was a dead rabbit touching my carpet. What did I do? I snapped a picture because I knew Scott wouldn't believe me! So gross. One of the all time nastiest parenting moments. Let's just say I washed his hands about 1,000 times after that. Come to find out, the little dog we were dog sitting is a ferocious rabbit killer! :) Its a tiny sweet dog, but my friend says that he will catch rabbits and shake them, snapping their necks. So gross. So, So gross.
Brent at his first piano lesson. His teacher is a good friend of mine and one of my old counselors. . I love her!
100th Day of School!
2 comments:
I am glad you are recommitted to blogging. Since we both have such young children, I feel like it is the best way to keep in touch :) Fun to see new pics of the kids!
I glad you're back, Jack!
I just found your blog and your little kiddos are the cutest thing. Brent's sweet face in the pic with the Bunny melts my heart!!
Post a Comment