Monday, May 20, 2013

It's a GIRL!

When I titled this post, I realized I may be getting ahead of myself. Not sure if I've even written about being pregnant! Well, I'm pregnant! Baby #4 will be coming this fall, November 9th to be exact. But the nature of having a VBAC means that I will have her early (if I get to my due date, they do a C-Section which we want to avoid at all costs). For instance, with Lily, in order to avoid a C-Section on my due date, they started taking measures at 37 weeks to get things moving along and voila! My water broke at 38 weeks on the nose. So I'm assuming this babe will be more of a Halloween baby and will come at the end of October. .


Not the greatest picture, but she's laying on her back with her legs bent up in the air. Only a mother could think a fuzzy black and white picture is "cute". :)

In other news, baby #4 is a GIRL! I knew it all along. I had a dream early in my pregnancy that she was a girl; I was in the hospital holding a baby girl, she had chubby cheeks and looked just like Sophie and Lily. From then on, I knew that any talk of a boy was probably nonsense but I kept it to myself. Scott, on the other hand, was so overly confident that his words exactly were: "I don't need an ultrasound to tell me what I already know- it's a boy." Well, fast forward to the day of the ultrasound, when the tech announced it was a girl, Brent burst into tears and Scott looked stunned. Poor Brent. He wanted so badly to have a baby brother. And since after this baby girl, the baby shop will be CLOSED, it looks like that dream of his won't be fulfilled. But he is so sweet with his sisters, that I think he's meant to be in a house full of girls. :)

We have already decided on a name, oddly enough. I heard my sister in law talk about a name several years back that was a potential for one of my nieces and I always have loved it. After I made her promise me that the name was ok to steal, Scott and I quickly agreed on it. That afternoon, I was standing in the kitchen thinking of this baby by name and I started tearing up. I knew it was right. It seems so silly, because it's just a name... but putting a name to this tiny life somehow made it more real and made me love her even more.

Kendall Lynn Crabtree..... i just love it!

We love the middle name Lynn because my Mom is "Mary Lynn" and Scott's only sister is "Shannon Lynn" so we are able to incorporate both sides of the family in her name. Pretty perfect if you ask me!

When I asked Sophie yesterday what the name of the baby in my tummy was, she looked at me dead in the eye and said, "Leap Pad?? Oh, no. no. It's Kendall".  I think she is equating "Kendall" with a "Kindle" and couldn't decide which piece of technology we named this baby girl after- her leap pad or the kindle tablet that she plays with all the time. She cracks me up.

I've felt pretty lousy this pregnancy, but I can't complain. I throw up randomly (still) and have had NASTY headaches. It's totally worth it though.

Yesterday when we were getting ready for church, I started getting emotional and told Scott how overwhelming it is for me to think of how blessed we are. FOUR kids. I remember when we tried to get pregnant with Brent, after 6 months went by I made a bargain with Heavenly Father that I wouldn't ask for anything else if I could just have a baby. I didn't care if I ever had a nice house, a nice car, or anything worldly- ALL I wanted was a baby. And now, here we are six years later with another sweet baby girl on the way. I feel so blessed and so thankful. My heart is full.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I am so excited for another baby girl to join your family...it is a bit ironic that 3 of 4 of our kids will be the same age as each other (now if we could just work on living in the same state again, we would be set). CONGRATS!

Unknown said...

I'm still super excited about this! I love love love the name!! I begged Jeremy to use it for about a year, but to no avail. I am hoping for a niece with that name as well. I JUST LOVE IT! It fits perfectly with your names :)