Friday, May 09, 2014

6 months

Baby Kendall is half a year old!! I'm trying to wrap my brain around how that happened so quickly. She is turning a corner, too (fingers crossed!) She has been a really terrible sleeper, waking every 2 1/2-3 hours all night long wanting to eat. At her 6 month appointment her pediatrician encouraged us to let her cry a little bit at night and to start giving her 3 meals of baby food a day. Voila! It worked! The night before last she slept completely through the night and last night she only woke up once. Also, she used to nurse for 2 hours before bed (crazy, I know) and wouldn't go to sleep until 10:00ish. Past few days she has been going down at 8:30 like a normal baby. I can't believe it.

As much complaining as I have done about the lack of sleep and how difficult in general Kendall has been (she usually is only happy when she's in my arms!) I'm realizing how fast it is going by and it makes me feel panicky inside. She is my last baby and I'm starting to realize those sleepless nights will be gone all too soon. Ok. I have to stop thinking about it or it will make me cry right here and now. :)

She can be a pistol, but she is also one of my smiliest (don't think that's a word) and social babies that I've had! She lights up when you talk to her and she thinks her older sisters and brother are hilarious. Her favorite spot is sitting in her bumbo in the middle of the kitchen table while we eat dinner, just smiling at every one of us as we all stare at our little center of attention. My heart could burst thinking about how lucky I am.


1 comment:

LutherLiz said...

Oh she is so cute!