Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Let's Go Fly a Kite

The other day Scott and I went with some friends from church to go fly kites. At first, I was dreading going and kinda ticked at Scott for getting us into the situation. I thought- who, over the age of SEVEN, flies kites?? Well, let me say that I had the most fun I've had in a while. Out of Scott, Matt, and Diana- I flew the two handed kite the highest. That's right. I didn't want to leave. So, flying kites is not a kiddie past time- grown people can have fun doing it too! I need to go buy one...

Another random thought, I have been up at the church almost every night practicing the organ like a mad woman. I finally had the songs down pat for Easter Sunday. Then, a light bulb went off in my head and I thought "Wait a minute- I better call the choir director and find out what the choir is singing so we don't duplicate anything." Go figure. They are singing 2 of the songs that I have been practicing. So that all just flew out the window. Good times.

Scott found out that my car is still going to be in the shop for about another 2 weeks. I had to give back the rental car- the Jetta- that I was in love with yesterday. They gave me a stupid Jeep Liberty. Every time I turn a corner I hold my breath because I feel like it is going to flip. I'm ready for my car back. My arms are healing pretty well from the stupid air bag burns- my right arm will scar pretty bad though. The insurance company for the lady that ran out in front of me is going to probably just settle for an amount for the injury; I just hope it's not insulting. My luck they will say "Ms. Crabtree here's 500 bucks. It's our way of saying we're sorry for our customer scarring you for life. Don't spend it all in one place!!". Scott has shown his true colors through all of this. He washed my hair every day for almost a week when I couldn't get my arms wet. He is too sweet to me.

I'm off to go to the gym....or rather, I'm off to go put my running shoes on. Whether I make it out of the door, or if American Idol stops me on my way out, is still to be determined!!

No comments: