Today is Scott's birthday. We celebrated this weekend, but also went out to lunch, and again just went out to dinner. Bleh. All it was to me was an excuse to eat unhealthy. :) On our way home, we had to stop and get gas at Costco, which is on the other side of town. What we wouldn't do to save a few cents. Gas is at a whopping $3.28 here in our town. It is insane. They say the West Coast and East Coast have the highest gas prices...lucky us. Even more lucky that usually Scott works in L.A and Orange County and the gas prices are literally killing us. Anyway, on the way home they were having an immigration rally right in the middle of the intersection. There were about 40 cops; it was insane. On one side, there were pro-mexican supporters, waving their Mexican flags. On the other, it was a bunch of middle aged-upper class white men waving their U.S flags. Let me just say, if you are looking for sympathy, the Murrieta/Temecula area of southern California is NOT the place to look!! The only people driving past these protesters are upper class mom's taking their kids to soccer practice in their gas guzzling SUV's. I am not very informed about the whole debate regarding immigration, but I must say it does nauseate me to see people waving American Flags upside down, and raising the Mexican flag higher than ours. My theory on the subject is that if you are so unhappy with our laws, NO ONE IS MAKING YOU STAY!! If you hate the U.S and our policies, and you are ILLEGALY here, then maybe that should tell you should go back. I understand there is probably more to the story, but geeze. You think the TRUE illegal immigrants left work today to protest? I highly doubt it. They were busy working hard, providing for their families. Most true Mexicans I have met (first generation Mexicans) are extremely humble, are eager to learn, and are hard workers. They could not AFFORD to walk out of work to protest; they probably went about their business quietly, trying to provide for their families. I'm sure the majority of those protesting are 3rd and higher generation Mexicans, who don't have a clue what it is like to live there (not that I do either), and just used it as an excuse not to go to work today. I will get off my soap box now- good think this is set to private, or else there could be some angry people reading this..:)
I got released from the nursery Sunday. I could not hide my smile when they called me in. Not that I didn't love the kids, but we are coming up on a year of me being in the nursery and it was TIME! So for now, all I have to do is worry about practicing the organ.. I think I can handle it!!
Monday, May 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment