Sunday, June 11, 2006

New Sheets!



The picture to the right may seem as no big deal to anyone who might read this (I don't really think anyone reads this anyway besides my sisters..hi katie and lauren). However, I had to document it on film. Scott and I don't make our bed. As in, we never ever make it. We did at the beginning of our marriage, but we have since slacked off. However, we bought some new sheets that I LOVE!! Because of this addition of new sheets, I have that little extra motivation that I need to make the bed every morning. (Side note, I just noticed that there is a diet coke can sitting on the night stand. Sad, I know. It was my breakfast. I had breakfast in bed this morning, which consisted of guzzling a diet coke while watching a special on the history channel on Henry VII. ) Anyway, getting back to the point, our bed has now been made every day FOR THE PAST TWO DAYS...haha. AND, you can't even see the new sheets, but it's enough for me to know that they are there, and I want everything to look nice. It's sad that it takes new sheets for me to make the bed. You would think I wouldn't want to make the bed, so I could see the new sheets. I am a little off, I guess.

Today has been a good Sunday so far. Scott had to leave early, as he does every Sunday morning, for bishopric meetings. I opened my eyes at about 8, meandered into the kitchen, opened a diet coke while my eyes were still barely open, and proceeded to take it directly back to bed with me. It's pretty ridiculous, but I enjoyed my morning. I showered at about 9ish, had time to curl my hair, and was seated in the pew in the chapel with 15 minutes to spare. MAN I'm good!! After sacrament meeting was over, I looked up and saw a guy that I grew up with in my stake in San Antonio. It was so strange! Not only for him to be in California, but in MURRIETA of all places, which has like 8 wards, and IN our ward, was bizarre!! It's a small world.

Relief Society was a cry fest, as usual. We have such good teachers. Relief Society is growing on me. I always leave with a spiritual boost and smeared mascara. The Relief Society presidency (which includes my mother-in-law) decided to have everyone draw numbers to decide where we should sit. Usually us young people sit together, the middle aged women sit together, and the older women sit together. They decided to mix it up, and I ended up to this old lady named Floradell who just moved here from Orange County. She is so cute. She lives in our apartment complex and I see her pretty often. She never remembers my name though, which is ok, even though I've told her probably 123 times already. Today as I went to sit next to her, halfway through the lesson she turns to me and says (a little too loudly), "Sweetheart, what was your name again?!". I guess there's better luck next time that she'll remember. : )

I leave for Lubbock on Friday! I'm excited to see little Rex, and to only have a 4 day work week. We have a big meeting with one of our freight forwarders on Tuesday. The vice president of our company who is over our department wants me to sit in the meeting and basically complain about one of the girls that is our main contact that works for the Freight Forwarding company. This company handles all of our shipments from China to the United States, and they have always been really good to work with. However, they hired this new girl, Joanne, who is one- IMPOSSIBLE to understand (she is fresh off the boat from China herself), and two- is nice, but has no idea what is going on. John, (my boss), basically wants me to get her fired, I think. I am so scared. The girl drives me up the wall, but I don't want her to get fired!! We are paying them for a service, which they haven't been providing, and it needs to be fixed. I understand that. But, I don't want the girl to end up on the first boat back to China because of me. We are this companies biggest account, and if we tell the managers and owners that she needs to go, she will be gone. I have begged to not go to the meeting, but john has basically threatened ME. So, it's my job or hers, I guess. I can't wait to not have to work anymore. That'll be the day.

2 comments:

Em said...

Mammy-I read your blog too. It's in "my favorites"

Morgan said...

good girl! :)