Friday, June 02, 2006

One year and still counting....


We are officially married a year! Crazy, isn't it? Time has flown. We spent the weekend of our anniversary on Coronado Island off of San Diego. It's not very far from out house, but it was still a nice get away. Someone from the town we lived in asked me if I was going out of town for Memorial Day, and I said yes. She asked where we were going, and I said "Coronado Island". She started laughing at me and said "I LIVE in san diego. That's not out of town, sweetheart". So I replied, "Well, I'm from Texas, and this is ALL out of town for me!!". Anyway, it was a fun weekend. I was burned beyond belief while we layed by the pool. Of course my mexican husband was just fine, while I looked like a lobster. We met up with our friends Matt and Diana again on Saturday and we went to Sea World. I got to pet and feed a dolphin. If I died tomorrow, I think I'd be content now. :) Kidding. It WAS pretty neat though!!

So, Summer has officially begun. It is so stinking hot. I wish we lived a bit closer to the ocean to cool it off some. There is only a small mountain that separates us from the ocean, and days like today, I just want to cut it down somehow. Because right behind it lays Orange County and 15 degree cooler temperature. But noooo. We are stuck in the dang desert of Riverside County, where the only hope of relief comes from the solace of being tucked away at home with the A.C cranking. I'm ready for winter.

So, my Josie and Jonah are coming to visit in a few weeks!! I'm so excited. I just saw her a few months ago, but I haven't seen Jonah in over a year and it will fun to have them both here. Scott also suprised me for our anniversary and handed me an piece of paper. I stared at it, totally confused. As my eyes focused in on it, all I saw was "Ontario, CA to Lubbuck, TX" and the word "American Airlines." I burst into tears. He is so sweet. He bought me a plane ticket to go visit Katie after she has her baby. She is being induced on Monday!! I can't believe it. Then Lauren will have her baby, Avery, shortly after. It apparently is the summer of babies... another friend of mine at church is pregnant now too. And my visiting teaching companion. Both are my age. Babies are popping out everywhere!!

Well, I'm off to go run again. Yes, on a Friday. We just went to dinner and I am feeling a little guilty. I am suprising myself with this running business. I haven't quit and can now almost run 3 miles. The weight is starting to come off slowly and it is exciting! I lost 2.6 more pounds last week (thanks weight watchers) and I hope it keeps coming off. I did, however, probably gain about 10 over the weekend while scott and I ordered room service in the hotel, then laid in bed and ate chocolate. Yeah, I know...

No comments: