
This is the latest picture of McKenzie, Scott (and my) neice. She is now 2 months old, and she had this outfit on this weekend. She is pretty stinkin cute!!
To totally change the subject, I realized lately just how much I love fireworks! Josie and Jonah came to visit a week or two ago and they had a big fireworks show at Disneyland. I was in heaven. Then, Saturday, the city we live in had their "birthday bash" and they had fireworks in the park. We went with some friends and took blankets and watched a concert, then fireworks. Again, I was in heaven. Today, we went to a baseball game and GUESS WHAT THEY HAD AFTERWARDS?! That's right kids, MORE FIREWORKS! Dang. I was hooting and hollering and clapping my hands- people probably thought I was autistic. : )
These past 2 weeks have been insane. I started school again and I barely have time to breathe. I got a 97 on my first sociology test, which I am pretty excited about. It's just hard to balance work, school, church, family, and friends. I have decided that we did enough 4th of July celebrating on Saturday and today, so tomorrow I am going to rest and do homework.
Today we woke up and drove to Oceanside and settled in for a long day at the beach. I am freaking albino. I put on FOUR (that's right, FOUR) applications of SPF 30 and one application of SPF 50, and my face STILL managed to get roasted. I think I'm not cut out for the sun. Dang. Scotts best friend Josh had to work, but his wife Andrea came with us and she didn't get hardly any color, just tan. Then there is ghost woman (which would be me) who managed to get roasted with a whole bottle of sun block on my body. Oh well! We had so much fun. Shon (my brother in law), Scott, and I stayed out in the ocean for a long time. I think this is the first time in my life that I"ve been in the ocean without screaming. I am usually so scared of it. Even on our honeymoon in cancun where the water is clear, I still was scared. Today though we ventured out far, I did some handstands in the water for old times sake, we did some diving into waves and trying to body surf (trying is the key word, I couldn't quite get the hang of it..haha). Anyway, it was a fun day.
Oh..one quick story before I finish. So, when Jonah and Josie were here, ALL day at Disneyland Scott and Jonah were making fun of people eating turkey legs and fried food. It was so dang hot and there were people walking around eating greasy fried turkey legs. Yikes.. gives me the shudders thinking about it! Anyway, so after scott and jonah joked about getting turkey legs and eating fried stuff during the hot day, we starting talking about churros. Jonah had never had a churro, so we kept trying to find him one. Our hunt for the churros got pushed aside because we had more pressing matters- like Josie and I needing icees. : ) So, at the end of the day we went and ate at this restaurant there in Disneyland. We had a HUGE meal, and even all shared a piece of cake afterwards. We were totally stuffed. We are walking around afterwards, talking about how stuffed we are, when we see Jonah venture off to one of the food carts. He leans over and yells (totally excited) "Hey guys! I'm getting a churro!" We are all thinking- yay for Jonah, he finally gets to taste the bliss of the churro after all day of talking about it. Next thing we know, we look up as Jonah is unwrapping foil off of a HUGE DEEP FRIED CHIMICHANGA and takes a big bite out of it. We all start cracking up as he looks up to us with a disgusted look on his face. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time- Josie had tears in her eyes practically, and Scott was almost on the floor laughing. We said "Jonah!!! That's a CHIMICHANGA! Not a churro!" The look on his face was the saddest thing I had ever seen in my life. It even broke Josies heart. Poor Jonah had been wanting a churro all day... he looked high and low for one. When he finally thought he had found one, he took a big bite into a deep fried chimichanga on an already full belly. It was pretty funny. The poor guy didn't know the difference between a chimichange and a churro.
P.S. FYI, Jonah did end up getting his churro- a real churro- as we left the park..it ended happily ever after.
THE END
No comments:
Post a Comment