
I woke up yesterday to Scott crawling back in bed with 2 presents. The first was some perfume, which I asked for. The second, blew me out of the water. I saw a bag that said "Helzberg Diamonds", and my stomache dropped! I couldn't fathom what he could have possibly bought there for me. I have joked around about wanting diamond earrings- joking around in the same way I joke about wanting to win the lottery (which we'd have to play the lottery in order to win, but I can still dream, right?). Anyway, he got me the most beautiful diamond earrings. They are 1/2 carot solitaires (which means 1/4 carot in each ear). I AM NEVER TAKING THEM OUT OF MY EARS!! I love them. The whole day felt like a dream. Then, I get to work and walk into my office and it was INSANE! There was a bouquet of flowers sitting by my computer, ROSE petals sprinkled everywhere (fake ones), streamers, balloons, and a huge banner that said "Happy Birthday Morgan" with a Texas flag hanging from it. I was so overwhelmed. I could not believe that everyone at work knew, remembered, or cared for that matter. Then some of my girl friends at work took me out for a pedicure, which- hang on- I've got to add a picture of my big toe because it is so sweet...let me get the camera...
There we go. Tell me that's not the sweetest looking big toe you've ever seen in your life! haha. I couldn't resist. Anyway, my point of all of this is that I felt so dang special yesterday. I had people calling me from high school wishing me a happy birthday. Last year, my own grandma forgot my birthday, and I was stuck in a new state and didn't know anybody except my husband!! This year, it was a totally different story. What a difference a year can make. : )
I told Scott all I wanted was a cake from costco. At work, whenever we have a birthday party, the office buys a cake from costco and it is so good. It must be all the lard in it or something. Anyway, everyone went over to Scotts moms house after we went to dinner to eat cake. Well, Scott got me a costco cake and it feeds FIFTY!! THat's RIGHT! IT's this huge sheet cake and there were 7 of us. I was coveting this cake all day, looking forward to it. I had oatmeal for breakfast and almonds for lunch because I wanted to save all of my calories for this GIANT piece of cake I wanted. Well, when it came right down to it, I ate about 1/4 of my piece of the darn cake and I was basically fantasizing about nothing all day- just a mouthful of sugar. : ) Anyway. It was a wonderful day.
I had another test yesterday in sociology- I got a 91. I should get an A in both classes. Who would have ever thought- ME? TWO A's? IN SUMMER SCHOOL?! haha. I just registered for fall as well and I am taking 11 hours. It really is rough working full time and going to school, but for some reason I am doing better now in school than I ever have- yet I am busier than I ever have been. It's funny how things work out. It must be because I am ulta-mature at my new age of 23....haha. Yeah Right. Scott and I have worked out a plan where I should be able to quit work by next July. One more year. Then, I can focus full time on finishing school and if there are no kids, yet- I want to go to grad school. NOW REALLY. Who would have ever thought THAT?!
Till next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment