Sunday, September 10, 2006

Baby Rex



















So, I am chastised by my sister Katie, at least once a week for not having a picture of Rex on my blog. She accuses me of hating my nephew, and various other things... just kidding Katie. I always assumed I had a picture of him on my blog, but apparently not. Here he is! He is a cutie. He is 3 months old, and I think Katie might have either milkshakes or whole milk coming out when she breast feeds him, because he definitely is a healthy little 3 month old!!

This weekend has not been too eventful. We went to the temple on Friday in San Diego. It was our ward temple night- they asked for a show of hands of people that were from the Murrieta 1st Ward, and all of 6 people raised their hands. Pretty sad. Saturday, I woke up and decided to be domestic and make muffins. We ended up not having eggs, and 30 minutes later, we were at IHOP. Yuck. So much for that, but Scott was in heaven. Last weekend, I don't know what got into us, but we went to lunch with some friends. Scott's best friend Josh and his wife Andrea are also expecting. We are so excited because now we can continue to hang out without one couple worrying that the other couple is fed up because their kid is screaming.. now we can have 2 screaming babies. She is just barely pregnant, so she is a good 2 months behind me. Anyway, Josh and Andrea are golfers. During lunch, Josh said that they were going to run over to the sporting goods store to look at golf clubs, and asked if we wanted to come along. On our way over, I reminded Scott that we should probably just LOOK at the golf clubs, especially since we have been funneling money into the fish tank. We both agreed that we would just look. Well, to make a long story short, Scott and I both have our own set of golf clubs. Dang. This is the part where it would be good if I had any amount of self-control. But, as soon as Scott says "Hey, you want to get some?" I immediately get excited and say "Yeah! When can we go play?" I don't regret it though, because it will be something we can do together. We have been going to the driving range with Josh and Andrea, and it is pretty pitiful. I actually am finally starting to get a little better, and Scott is picking it up. We practiced putting too for a little bit, and I wanted to throw my putter at somebody and quit about 2 minutes into it... so this golfing thing might be a long learning process.. : )

Well, I'm 3 months today. Yay! I've made it. Although we are not completely in the clear yet ( I suppose you aren't totally in the clear until you have birthed the child), they say your risk for miscarriage decreases dramatically after 3 months. It is sad. I can't really fit into anything anymore. Yet, maternity stuff is still way too big. I hear there is about 2 months were you are in a transitional phase, and nothing really works except things with elastic. : ) I wear a LOT of skirts and gaucho pants. I can still wear my pants, I just usually don't button the top button because it's not very comfortable. We have our ultrasound this Friday. 5 more days. We are beyond excited. We are just keeping our fingers crossed that everything looks ok.

Alright, I gotta go get ready for church. Adios.

No comments: