Monday, September 11, 2006

Corn on the Cob

Why I am going to blog about my love affair with corn on the cob?? Who knows- I'm strange maybe. But dang. I decided tonight that if I could live off of it, I would be perfectly content. Give me some "I can't believe its not butter spray" and some pepper, and let me go to town! Scott, bless his heart, has been so good to me and has been cooking ALOT. I can't stomach the sight of raw meat for some reason and chicken in general makes me want to gag. (12 weeks ago, this was not the case, of course). He made (with the help of Stouffers) a lasagna, salad, french bread, and corn on the cob for dinner last night. I of course really couldn't handle the lasagna because of the chunks of meat, the salad just wasn't doing a whole lot for me, so I ate corn on the cob and bread. Not the healthiest, but hey- it worked. It's horrible... but everything repulses me, and I've finally found something my stomach and taste buds agree with. I ended up eating my piece of corn, and Scotts. Yum. It's just exciting to be excited about food again! Even if it is only corn on the cob...

So, when I got my last raise at work, they decided to make me salaried. That was just dandy with me. I take occassional friday's off and all it means to me is that I get paid irregardless. Well, this weekend, we are having our yearly big inventory in the warehouse. They wanted volunteers to come in on Saturday and Sunday to help do data entry of the counts in the warehouse. I laughed to myself when I got the email from our Operations Manager and thought to myself "I am salaried. Try and make me come in on a weekend... besides, I'm so beyond data entry." haha. So, my boss has been giving me a guilt trip about not coming in, and saying how many customer service reps volunteered to come in. I told him "If I was paid hourly and was looking at time and a half to come in on a Saturday, you better bet your britches I'd be signing up to come in and help. But if you are salaried, you just get a pat on the back... theres no way I'm coming in this weekend. Thanks." So, I go to Lunch with Scott and tell him how "stupid" these employers of mine were, and how could they expect that of me? WELL!!! Scott smacked me back into reality, and put me in my place! Ha. I needed it apparently. He said "Well, don't you take alot of Fridays off? Didn't you take a whole week off to go to Europe with Josie? Aren't you taking half a day this Friday off?" I looked at him and said "Yes... what's your point?" He said "And aren't you getting paid for all that time you take off?" I said "YES! I'm salaried! That's what happens when you are salaried." He then told me "What also happens when you are salaried is that you get to work on weekends for free to make up for all those Fridays you have taken off..." I, for some strange reason, didn't think of it that way. : ) I walked back into my office from lunch, walked over to my bosses desk, and said "So, I'll be here at 8:00 on Saturday. My husband is making me." : ) So much for learning lessons.... I guess I am just a brat.

No comments: