Monday, November 06, 2006

Amarillo By Morning...


A few more pictures from the ultrasound last week.. on the left is the proof that I have a little boy hanging out in my womb. : ) On the left, he has one leg stretched out, his little boy parts are there sticking out in the middle, and on the right, you can only see his bottom and the back of his thigh, because he is holding onto that leg. The picture on the right is from another angle- you can clearly see a little hand holding onto an ankle. It was pretty cute.

So, I just turned on the TV in the office because I dont like sitting here in silence, and the country music awards are on. I must say, George Straight still looks pretty good for being in his 50's! He just recieved the Lifetime Achievement award. There are so many songs of his that I love.. Amarillo By Morning is my hands down favorite!! Completely random thought... moving on to more exciting matters.

So, over the weekend, the company I work for decided to redo the parking lot. They had someone come in and repave everything and repaint the lines. It looks pretty nice. Scott and I went to lunch, and after lunch, he parked and we said our goodbyes. I got out of the car and walked inside like normal.

Well, my office is probably the furthest away from the front entrance. I walk through the front reception area, through a mass of cubicles, around a corner, up a flight of stairs, down another hallway, around another corner, and into my office. I walked up to my desk, put my purse away, and walked across the hall to go to the restroom.

While I am in the restroom, I notice there is black looking tar ALL over the white tile in the bathroom. I wondered what the heck was going on, so I look down at my shoes, and it looked like the rubber on the soles had literally melted. Well, it is not that hot here, so I knew that wasn't possible. Just then, a dreaded thought came into my head as I remembered that they repaved the parking lot. I immediately was down on my hands and knees on the bathroom floor cleaning the tile (try and picture it.. it was pretty amusing) trying DESPERATELY to cover my evidence. I took off my shoes and start trying to scrape all the tar and oil off the bottom of them. Finally, I took a paper towl covered in a thick coating of tar into my office to show my co-worker Carol what was on my shoe.

And then- I was caught. Red handed.

As I am walking out holding up a paper towl with black tar all over it, the Operations Manager and the Vice President of Production (the boss over the department I work in) are standing outside of the restroom waiting for me. They immediately start laughing and tell me to come look what's in the hallway. They told me to PLEASE not put my shoes on.

Oh my gosh.

I left my shoes upstairs and walked through the company barefoot (and pregnant, go figure) with two members of upper management following me. There were tar tracks in my footprints leading from the front reception area, through the a mass of cubicles, around a corner, up a flight of stairs, down another hallway, around another corner, and into my office. The tar tracks stopped right at my desk. I was the obvious culprit.

As we walked and took a tour of my tar tracks, the whole office stood up from their cubicles and started to crack up. They all made comments about how they weren't suprised in the slightest that it was me. Go figure.

How I managed to find the one spot in the whole parking lot that wasn't dry is beyond me.

To make a long story short, there were at least 10 people throughout the rest of the day who saw the tracks and wanted to see where they lead to. I looked up from my computer many times to see people standing in front of my desk, that had followed the tracks, laughing. I'm glad I can manage to provide comedic relief.

In the meantime, I have to throw away my cute ballet style shoes; I couldn't get the tar off...

I'm glad Monday is OVER!

1 comment:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I think you should name him Steggasarous, heehehe...j/k kat