Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's ALMOST Friday!

This weekend can't get here quick enough. I am so ready to relax. The past few days have been a whirlwind. Yesterday, as we got home, we had a message on the answering machine from the stake executive secretary saying "Hi Scott. The Stake President was wondering if he could meet with you and your wife tonight at 8:45."

DUM DA DUH DUM....

We racked our brains over dinner trying to figure out why in the world the Stake President would want to speak with both of us. Last Sunday they announced that the ward boundaries were getting changed, and it would effect every ward in the stake. They said the changes would be announced this coming Sunday at a special fireside. We thought maybe it had something to do with that, but Scott has only been ward clerk for a few months, so we didn't think they would release him from that.

In the car on the way over to the stake center, Scott said "I think I could handle anything. Unless heaven forbid he wants me to be the Elders Quorum President."

HA!

So. To make a long story short, Scott is the new Elders Quorum President. Here is the kicker. We have no idea what ward he will be the Elders Quorum President IN. The stake president said that we will find out Sunday at the fireside with everyone else. EEK! I feel bad for Scott and HOPE that we will stay in our ward. I think it would be tough to have a leadership position like that in a ward that we don't know anyone.

On another note, the Stake President said something to us that will be forever burned in my mind. I have heard this over and over, but for some reason, the way the Stake President said it, and the spirit that was in the room, made it much more resounding.

He said "You can not testify of that which you don't do."

That hit home with me for some reason last night. How are we suppossed to testify of the power of the scriptures if we are not constantly engulfed in them? How do we testitify to our friends the power of the atonement if we aren't constantly using it? How do we testify of the power of prayer if we do not always have a prayer in our own heart? And how do we testify the wonderful concept of eternal families if we aren't at the temple regularly?

I still haven't gotten the phrase out of my mind, so I'm assuming Heavenly Father is trying to tell me something.

Completely off topic, Scott was at school tonight, so I stopped by my mother in laws house on my way home from work. My brother in law, Shon, looked at me when I walked in and said "Oh my gosh. You're pregnant!" He has known I've been pregnant, but he claims tonight was the first night it was obvious. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing... I guess my days of "covering it up" are nearing to an end. I hung out there for a while, and we ended up at IHOP. I don't know how it happened, but before I knew it I had eaten 2 chocolate chip pancakes and some hashbrowns and MAN WAS IT WORTH IT! haha.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday. Everything is looking good. I love my doctor; she is SO personable and has an awesome sense of humor. I talked to Josie right after my appointment, and we usually compare notes of what her doctor does and what mine doesn't, and vice versa. After talking to her, I am more and more greatful for my doctor. Good thing Josie is going to change hers shortly...

We listened to the heart beat again, which is always exciting. I don't think I will ever get used to it! Yesterday was a bit more scary than usual because the doctor couldn't find it right away because the little guy was moving around so much. Even though the doctor wasn't worried WHATSOEVER, me being as neurotic as I am, immediately panicked.... I need to practice meditating or something.

Well, I'm off to see what the trusty tivo has to offer in the way of Oprah.

No comments: