Thursday, November 16, 2006

oh the fun of it all..


Here is the crib that Scott and I have agreed on. Go figure, we both quickly decide on a crib, but the baby has yet to be named... Scott decided it needed to be a lighter wood, because cherry wood was too "girly".. hmmm.. I liked the cherry wood myself, but Scott was pretty sure that a baby boy should have an oak looking crib. Fine by me!
I was suppossed to go walking with a friend today, but she got sick. I figured I should probably go myself, but I ended up on the couch watching Oprah. DANG!
So, Thanksgiving is coming up rapidly and I volunteered to bring green bean casserole to Scott's grandparents house for Thanksgiving. The only problem with that, is that I don't really know how to make green bean casserole. I figure it can't be too difficult. I learned something new on Tuesday... is banana pudding a southern thing??? Scott's sister asked what I was going to bring to enrichment for a desert that I signed up for, and I told her "banana pudding." She looked at me with a blank look on her face and I said "Do you not know what banana pudding is? You know, with the bananas and vanilla wafers and cool whip?" She said that she had never heard of it. Hmmm.. I need to investigate that more. I don't know if Shannon has just been sheltered, of if the whole state of California has been living in the dark when it comes to banana pudding. If so, boy have they missed out. Their thighs haven't missed out, but their taste buds definitely have!
Tomorrow is Friday- Hallelujah. This week was relatively short. I got called in for jury duty on Tuesday. The first time ever, and much to my surprise, I actually was called in the court room. I am now in the actual jury pool, and am TERRIFIED that I will get picked. The trial is about a man accussed of "rape of a child under the age of 14". Just hearing the judge say that made me want to get up and slug the defendent. Innocent until proven guilty, MY REAR! The guy looked like a total slime ball. Yuck. So, The court was not in session for the rest of the week and all next week for Thanksgiving, so I have to report back to the courthouse on Monday after Thanksgiving for the final jury selection. It will be about a 3 week long trial, so I am hoping that I don't get picked. They could care less that I am pregnant; so much for playing the pregnancy card.
Speaking of pregnancy, exciting new things have been going on! I have gone in the past week from feeling "flutters" to feeling the baby FULL on moving around. I still haven't felt a full on kick, but I definitely know that it is the baby now and I feel him ALL DAY LONG!~ I used to just feel him more in the afternoons, but now as I am sitting here typing I feel him. I feel him in the mornings, I feel him in the afternoon, at night... you name it, I'll feel him. It is the NEATEST feeling, but it is so foreign that it almost feels like there is an alien in my lower stomach or something. It's crazy.... but absolutely amazing. I always remember randomly through the day "Oh my gosh. There is a little baby just hanging out in my uterus...." haha. Seriously- I will forget until I feel him, and then it's back to reality. 3 1/2 more months to go!
So far, so good. No stretch marks. However, I still have a strong feeling by the end of the month, I will have some new friends taking up residence on my belly in the form of stretch marks. bring it on..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that crib! I love the dark cherry or black finish though, if we couldn't of afforded it we would of gotten that exact style, love it! Wishing the stretch mark fairy touches your stomach soon to induct you into the sisterhood of stretch mark mammas!