Monday, January 29, 2007

raindrops keep fallin on my head..

Well, not really. It's not raining. Just cloudy- which, in Southern California is apparently newsworthy. No joke- it is the top "breaking" news story of the day. If it LOOKS like it might rain, people start panicking. It's as if they think they just might melt from the rain. My house growing up was in a subdivision in the middle of two bridges. I grew quite accustomed to being flooded out of my house at least twice a year- or even worse, flooded in and not being able to leave. So, everyday when I turn on the news and there is "breaking news" from a little rain in the Los Angeles area, I just don't get it. The picture below is from our balcony.. hardly cloudy if you ask me!


So, the next two pictures pretty much sum up my day today. The couch and the t.v.. It's pretty sad and pathetic. I have my trusty blanket on the couch next to where I have been sitting, and if you look closely, you can see the house phone, my cell phone, and the remote all lined up on the couch; meaning- I don't leave the couch.... ever. I am THRILLED because Wednesday is my doctors appointment where hopefully she will take me off this "bed rest" which has been a bad dream! Hopefully I'll be back at work by Thursday. I love Mondays though- because Scott works from home on Mondays, which means I get some company all day. He has a hard time focusing on work though knowing that I am in the other room- starved for attention and some conversation! I am always calling him, then once I get him in the room or near the couch, I try and stall in fear that he will turn around and walk back into his office. Today he said "This can't happen anymore! I can't have you at home on Mondays! You're too distracting!!"... what can I say.. I've had a few roommates in my day tell me the same thing. Me? Distracting?! Please...





The highlight of my weekend was the fact that I got to leave the house for a little bit. Scott let me go along for the ride to Babies R Us to pick up our crib and changing table that came in. We ordered it about a month ago, and the absolute latest we could pick it up was Saturday. So, we show up in my car, which isn't the biggest but we figured it was an SUV- even if it was a small one, and surely we could get it all in if we folded down the seats. They brought out the changing table first, in the box, which fit like a charm. Then, they brought out the changing table, and I kid you not- it was MASSIVE. We sat and looked at each other, while the three babies r us employees sat there with a blank expression on their face, and Scott said "Um.. can we leave the crib here for a few hours and come back and get it?" So.. our next plan of attack was to use his sisters new Durango. It is as big as some trucks and we figured SURELY it would fit in that. We show up at Babies R Us, the employees bring it out, and once again- not a chance. I don't think I can explain how big the box was. One smarty pants 16 year old employee said "Yeah...most people don't bring SUV's to pick up cribs. Most people bring trucks." I wanted to turn around and say "OH REALLY?! Maybe we should go back to our apartment and grab our big empty truck that is sitting there not being used".... man alive! Of course kid- if we had a truck, believe me we wouldn't be standing here staring at this gigantic crib trying to figure out how to get it in the car. Scott asked for a box cutter, and we had to take each piece out of the crib and load it in the car individually. It was a bummer. We BARELY got it to fit even then, but finally were triumphant. Now, we have pieces of the crib laying all over our apartment. We aren't moving for another month, so we don't want to set it up until we are in the new house. What a mess! The picture is just of ONE of the random pieces laying in the office (and don't mind the golf clubs- they haven't been used since I've been pregnant.. we have no where to put those either! Boy am I looking forward to a bigger place!)...

1 comment:

the Forrest Diaries said...

You are to funny! Ok I grew up in a drought meaning when we took showers we had a bucket in the shower catching the water so we could us it to flush toilets. Funny ha. The joys of living in California!!! Oh it really must suck being on bed rest too! But your story about the crib kept me laughing for a good 5 minutes!