Thursday, February 08, 2007

45 days and counting...

So, I officially have 45 days left until my due date! That seems like forever away, but it is a little over a month. I can't believe it! I am starting to have incredibly vivid dreams about the whole birthing process. Last night I had a dream that I had the baby, and Scott missed the whole birth. Where was he, you might ask? He was at home making sure CSI and The Office were tivoed. The scary thing about this, is the fact that this actually COULD happen.. it's something he would do. : ) Just kidding... kinda.

We started our childbirth preparation class last night. It is 2 hours long, every Wednesday for the next month. There are 3 couples with our same due date. Hopefully we all aren't in labor at the same time, because there are only 4 labor and delivery rooms in our hospital.... and I don't particularly want to be laboring in the hallway waiting for a room to open up (which I have heard happens occasionally at this hospital). The class was pretty lame- seriously. Scott and I don't do good in classes together. We kept laughing at things that no one else laughed at, and it was just really cheesy. They made us lay on the floor with our pillows and blanket and for the last 20 minutes of class we had to visualize the whole laboring process- she talked us through it with some cheesy "Pure Moods" soundtrack playing in the background. I just couldn't get into it, or take it seriously... neither could Scott, because while I was working hard to visualize, I swore I heard him snore...

So, we are laying on this floor amongst 15 other very pregnant ladies who are very into the activity, and the teacher says "Now imagine the head coming out, then the shoulders, you are breathing in through your nose, out through your mouth, your husband cuts the cord, and suddenly, your little angel is laying on your stomach looking at you. What will be the first thing you say to your baby? You need to start practicing now- what will those first words be??" I turn to scott and whispered- "I'm gonna tell him to bend over because I'm giving him a spanking"... I was just KIDDING, but I swear the instructor was glaring at me because she heard me.. maybe I was just being paranoid. Anyway.. the class thing is a little much. And we actually PAID for this. Maybe it will get better.... next week we are learning how to give hand massages?! Whatever... all I know is I'm getting an epidural. Who cares about the breathing?? I plan on feeling nothing from the waist down..

Tonight is going to be a busy night in TV land- Grey's Anatomy, The Office, and Survivor starts tonight! I'm excited! It's sad, I know.

2 comments:

Em said...

lol. you're so funny morgan. Maybe you should take out the instructor so you can teach.

Morgan said...

That would be a good idea.. except I'm hoping to teach the lactation classes... : )