Wednesday, February 14, 2007

He's assumed the position!!

So, I had my doctors appointment today. I am laying down while she is doing her normal things, measuring my belly, listening to the heartbeat, then BAM- all of a sudden I feel pain! I look down in horror to see her jabbing her hands at the base of my stomach- it felt like she had a hold of one of his body parts and was shaking it back and forth. It was extremely uncomfortable. After some more poking and prodding, that quite frankly felt like she was poking THROUGH my skin, she announced "He's assumed the position!!". My little guy is head down, ladies and gentleman. That is exciting. She told me he shouldn't move again (although it could happen).. there just isn't enough room to make it easy for him to do a 180 degree turn.. she said he should stay put until I deliver.

She also told me that we only have to hold our breath for 11 more days. After 11 days, she said if I went into labor, I would have a normal, healthy, fully-developed baby. Hopefully he stays in there much longer, but if worse comes to worse, if he were to decide to grace us with his presence after 11 days, it would be ok. I find it hard to believe!! It's crazy! I have a horrible feeling that he will end up being late though... that's just my luck!

Scott had class last night, so I went over to his moms house so she could help me make his favorite cake. She has made it for him ever since he was a child and he is IN LOVE with this cake. It is a simple angel food cake with a homemade chocolate silk frosting, but for some reason, every attempt I have made to make an angel food cake has ended up very very bad.. I can't seem to do it without destroying it. Anyway, so I had it all planned out that I would make it at his moms house, hide it over there, then drive over in the morning to pick it up, and have it at our house today to surprise him! We started making the cake at about 7:00.. at about 7:10 Scott calls to announce that he got out of his first class early, and the professor for his second class cancelled because he was sick.. he told me he was already on his way home! I started to panic.. I told him I was at his moms house, so he said "Ok, I'll meet you there." To make a long story short, my surprise was ruined... he was there while I frosted it, and it defeated the whole purpose! He still was excited, but I was still bummed!

We get to spend our valentines evening at our childbirth class with our weirdo teacher.. drinking cheap red punch and eating nasty heart shaped cookies.... Yippee.

No comments: