Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just My Luck!

So, I started my morning checking my email, and seeing an email from Scotts grandma talking about a peanut butter recall. I brushed it off, deleted the email, then moved on about my day. I turned on the news about 10 minutes later, to hear the top story of the day about a Peter Pan peanut butter recall. I thought I might as well pay attention when it dawned on me that I eat Peter Pan reduced fat peanut butter. But, I thought- SURELY the batch of it didn't have the same product code as the lot that they were recalling. They said the infected batch had the product code that started with "2111"... I get up, look in the pantry, grab my trusty jar of peanut butter- and WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!! My peanut butter had those numbers "2111".. I had eaten half the jar myself- Scott doesn't eat reduced fat- he liked the full on crunchy real deal. So, lucky me.

The hypochondriac in me immediately kicked in, and I felt crampy, nauseous, and thought I might be dying of salmonella... then I thought about this unborn baby I am carrying, and had visions of salmonella infected blood being circulated to him in his cozy uterine hotel... I called Scott in a panic- he told me to call my OBGYN. I did, but she was out of the office today. I finally got a grip of myself and realized that had I been exposed to salmonella I would be very sick and would know it. Soooooo- I just might not be infected- but DANG! The thought of it made me angry! What CAN we eat these days??!!? Spinach, peanut butter, you name it these days- it either has E.Coli, salmonella, or something nasty in it. Our Bishop is a big wig for Con Agra foods who makes Peter Pan peanut butter.. he's gonna get it from me on Sunday. : ) Just kidding.

Valentines Day was peachy. Scott came home with some Sees Chocolate for me (which is only the best chocolate). They have a kind called "scotchmellows"- which is basically carmel topped with marshmellow covered in dark chocolate... HOLY COW. He might need to hide the rest of the box from me because I was LIVIN IT UP with the sees candy last night. : ) yummy. He also got me a gift card to Macy's so I can go get a new purse. He's sweet. We went to dinner and then to our childbirth class where we learned to give each other hand massages- I think Scott really wanted to shoot himself. We cheated and acted like we were using lotion, but didn't- because REALLY- I am not in labor yet, but I can tell you with a 100% certainty that I will, under no circumstances, want a hand massage during labor. Seriously.

Today, I treated myself to a pedicure because my feet looked like the feet of some type of hoofed animal. My belly is so big I have a hard time bending over to lotion them up, or to paint them, so I declared to Scott this morning I was getting a pedicure- no ifs about it.. I was doing society a favor. It was SO nice to sit in the massaging chair, reading a magazine, and just relaxing- I MUST say, however, the Asian guy that was extremely creepy, that was rubbing me feet a little too enthusiastically ruined it just a tab. That and the lady sitting next to me, who was staring at me for about 10 minutes before she chimed in "When are you due?" After I told her, she proceeded to tell me in about 3 weeks I should start drinking Castor oil. I quickly tried to end that conversation...

TOMORROW I am so excited because I am going to get my pregnancy massage! Scott got it for me for Christmas, and I haven't used it yet. Pedicure today, massage tomorrow- I am taking full advantage of this before I have a crying newborn in a few weeks!

Once again, it's the highlight of my week!!! The Office, Survivor, and Gray's Anatomy.. pure T.V bliss. I am sitting here at the moment with the laptop on my lap, sitting in the recliner, the down comforter around me, and watching a tivoed Oprah. You can't beat THAT! Hasta..

2 comments:

the Forrest Diaries said...

You are so lucky to get See's candies! Yummy!!!!

Morgan said...

don't you miss them?! they are the best!