Friday, February 16, 2007

Excitement For Once!

I have to say that I haven't been looking forward to many things in the past weeks.. my life has been pretty mundane and full of Oprah and Discovery Health Channel. However, things are starting to perk up! Tomorrow is my baby shower and I am really excited! My sister in law is throwing it for me and she asked me to get together a list of people to invite so she could get out invitations a few weeks ago. I feel like I've only lived in California for a few weeks.. although I am rapidly approaching 2 years. I thought I would invite all of 5 people, and of those, maybe 2 would come- my mother in law being one of them. : ) Boy did I surprise myself! I got together a huge list, and after I did so, gave myself a pat on the back for actually making friends here in the past 2 years. And, almost everyone has RSVP'd, so there will be tons of people there... more than the 2 people that I originally envisioned. : )

Tomorrow night Scott and I are going into Los Angeles to go to the Ducks vs. the Kings hockey game. I got him tickets for Christmas, and he has been excited this whole time. I gave him the tickets, because he is the more responsible of the 2 of us. About 6:00 tonight, he decided that maybe it was a good idea to get the tickets out.... but- UH OH. He couldn't find them. We spent at least an hour tearing up the office looking for them. I pretty much resigned to the fact that we weren't going.. since Scott has his office for work based out of our home, his office is a REAL office with stacks of his reports and work EVERYWHERE. I have tried to help him organize things.. he has a filing cabinet, but he claims that his system works for him. I believe I made some snide comment while we were frantically searching that his system wasn't working too well if the hockey tickets were lost amongst the piles of paperwork. Just when we lost all hope, they turned up. So, pray for me that we don't get shot coming out of the staples center tomorrow night. I'm not a big fan of downtown LA. I go so far as to not even look at the car next to me for fear that they will pull out a gun and shoot me. Yes, I am overly paranoid, but still...

I went and got my pregnancy massage today. It was interesting, to say the least. There was a hole in the table for my belly, but it was still somewhat awkward. I couldn't fully relax, because I kept thinking that my whole belly wasn't in the hole and that I was laying on one of the baby's body parts. It was nice though.. a full hour long and she even massaged my feet. Did I mention that she talked my ear off the entire time?? As in.. there wasn't a moment of silence. I was trying to relax and enjoy it, but it was hard with someone yapping the whole time. : ) She was nice though, and all in all, it was an enjoyable experience!

I'm off to go figure out what I am going to wear to my shower tomorrow- it seems that I am somewhat growing out of my maternity clothes now-- I don't know how that is possible, but everything is starting to get a bit more snug! I'm ready to birth this kid!!

adios

No comments: