Monday, February 19, 2007

What a weekend..

Whew! This weekend was busy, but awesome. My baby shower was Saturday- it was so wonderful. We were shocked with everything we got, and now we are pretty much set! We got everything from the car seat and stroller, to the high chair, pack and play, bouncer seat, to the mobile and rug for his room! I got to see alot of old friends from our old ward before the boundaries got changed, so it was alot of fun. Here are a few pictures..



Then, after the shower was over, Scott and I had to get in the car and drive into L.A. Let's just say that will be the last time we are in downtown LA past dark. Scott works there almost every day, yet there was something about that night that was just erie and neither of us had a good feeling. We parked and made our way into the Staples Center at about 7:00- that was no problem at all. The bad part came when we left when there was about 10 minutes left in the 3rd period, because it was already 10:30. We assumed that L.A.P.D would be outside and there would be tons of people everywhere. Negative. Not only was there not ONE police officer in sight, but hardly anyone was out. Later we found out the game went into overtime, and it was pretty intense (so obviously no one wanted to leave early but us!). We walked down a dark ally to the parking lot where our car was, and it was just plain creepy. Skid Row is seriously only a few blocks away with the infamous homeless people and drug addicts lurking. I had no idea that the staples center was smack dab downtown. Anyway, we finally made it to the car safe and sound. We said a prayer, and immediately I felt a bit more calm, but as we drove home we said that was the last time we are downtown at night by ourselves.. I told Scott's best friend Josh that the only way we were going again is if he and his wife Andrea were with us, and he had his gun (he is a police officer in Orange County). ALL in all, it was a fun game though- besides the fact we could have gotten mugged on the way out and not a soul would have known..


The next 2 weeks will be a whirlwind. We move into our new house on Thursday... we haven't even STARTED to pack. I've got to get busy! If this doesn't push me into early labor, then I don't know what will!! Here is a picture Scott took of me today- I think I'm about to pop!

No comments: