I had a pretty eventful weekend, considering my life for the past few weeks. My doctor told me it was ok to start going places for a little bit every day to see how I feel. I think I definitely overdid it on Saturday, but we had so much stuff to get done! I am having my baby shower in 2 weeks, and they put on the invitations that I was registered at Target and Babies R Us, except we hadn't registered at Target yet! That was fun- but it hurt our brain after a while. It is a bit overwhelming to sit and stare at 10 different types of baby monitors. A monitor is a monitor right?! Why give us so many choices!? There are about 50,000 different types of bottles.. after we registered for some Avent ones, I realized that all the nipples had different types of "flow" depending on the babies age... there was extra slow, slow, medium, fast, and some others I can't think of. It's so confusing! We managed to get that done, then we went to Ashley Furniture and bought a sweet glider for the babies room. It is a small upholstered recliner, but it glides instead of rocks, and is insanely comfortable. It will help ease the pain of waking up at all hours of the night! We were both really excited. Then, we headed to the mall because Scott needed some golf pants (which if you ask me, is pretty lame.. who cares what you wear when you play golf?! are you going to be fashionable, or are you going to play a game??).. anyway, he finally found some at Macy's which he was pretty happy about. It was a LONGGGG day, considering I have really done nothing for almost 3 weeks. I thought my feet were going to fall off. As we were walking through the mall, Scott commented that he feels like now when he is holding my hand, he is having to drag me along because I'm a bit slow these days!
On our way to the mall it was pretty sunny.. Scott forgot his sunglasses so I said "just wear mine", not thinking for a SECOND that he would actually do it! Little do I know, I turn around and he is wearing my oversized black sunglasses with little fake pearl accents on the side. We were both cracking up- I had to snap a picture! He wore them like a champ!
Today I stayed for Primary at church, which Scott wasn't too happy about... he thought it would stress me out too much and thought I was pushing it. I thought of the cute little sunbeam faces and thought "stress?? no way!". BOY WAS I WRONG! those children are COMPLETE maniacs! I had to lead the music, and during the song "Scripture Power", during the chorus, I look up and the sunbeams are STANDING on their chairs jumping off of them. It was pretty much a disaster. To be completely honest, I kept fighting the feeling of wanting to line them all up and spank their cute bums! (Don't worry, I repented..)
No comments:
Post a Comment