Wednesday, March 28, 2007

April 4th!

I had a doctors appointment yesterday. She FINALLY decided it was time to induce. It was the quickest appointment I've ever had. She walked in, laughed, and said "You still haven't had this baby?!" Then she measured my belly, listened to the heartbeat, and said "That's it. We're inducing you. Let's go to my office." I couldn't get off that table fast enough. She didn't have to tell me twice!! So I sit next to her as she calls the hospital to get an induction date. I was waiting in anticipation knowing that there was now an end in sight! My heart sunk a little bit when I heard this conversation from her end..

"Ok, it can't be this week.. I'm out of town the rest of the week. How about Monday? Ohh. Ok. That's too bad. Tuesday? Oh ok, I guess that won't work. How about Wednesday? Yes, April 4th. Ok. Sounds good. 7:00 a.m? Alright. I'll let her know."

FREAKING APRIL 4th?!?!? I looked at her as she got off the phone and said "As in.. a week from now?" Oh well. Everyone is saying I won't make it until then, but I will prove them wrong. People were also saying at 38 weeks that I wouldn't make it to my due date. And look at me now. Scott said we should start a pool of everyone that says "There is no way you will make it another week." We will start saying "Oh yeah? You wanna put money on it??" haha. We would be pretty rich, I think. This baby is not budging. That is, until April 4th, when he gets his eviction notice : ) I'm excited. I can handle 7 more days. When they induce me, I will be almost 2 weeks past my due date. I am scared this will be a humongous baby.

I have heard that right before your labor is to begin, women usually have this "nesting" instinct kick in where they want to clean everything and have this surge of energy to make sure everything is in place when the baby arrives. Am I not normal? Because I have not, and do not ever foresee, this "nesting" instinct happening in me. My mom asked me yesterday if this has kicked in, and all I could do is laugh. Yeah right. Sitting on the couch watching Oprah feeling sorry for myself with my gigantic belly sounds much more appealing than scrubbing my bathtub with a toothbrush.

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm glad your misery is scheduled to be taken care of AFTER your doc's vacation. What the heck? You're a patient person!