Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Countdown Has Begun..

Scott and I realized yesterday that this is our last weekend before we are PARENTS. Haha. I don't know why that is funny- I guess I still can't believe I am going to be someones MOTHER. Poor kid. : ) Today we are going to see a movie, will probably go to lunch AND dinner, and take full advantage of this day!

Tomorrow is conference which I am really excited for. Then Monday, I have my last doctors appointment where I have to fill out all the induction consent forms, Tuesday my mom flies into town, and Wednesday we're having a BABY! Hopefully the progression of the next few days will go by quickly.

I have been having TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions lately. Every 4 minutes apart.. but nothing is happening. I keep waiting for them to become painful, but all they consist of is my stomach tightening up harder than a rock for about a minute, then slowly going back to normal. I really don't think I will have a problem making it to my induction date. It really makes me wonder if I weren't induced on Wednesday how long I would continue to be pregnant. I am now almost a week past my due date and nothing is going on! I just don't get it! A friend from church called yesterday. She wasn't at church this past Sunday and I haven't talked to her in about a week. She called to see how "the baby was doing" because "surely you've had him by now.." I have to call her back today and burst her bubble. : )

Alright, I'm off to enjoy my last baby-free Saturday!

2 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

Have a fun weekend--life is about to get hectic!


P.S. REALLY enjoy conference because you won't have a quiet one for years to come!

Lauren said...

I second the conference thing. I hope you really enjoyed your Saturday!