Monday, March 26, 2007

bleh!

So, my due date has come and gone.. I'm serious when I say I really don't think this baby will ever come out. People think I am just joking when I say this but- LITERALLY... I don't think he is coming out. I go to the doctor tomorrow. We'll see what she has up her sleeve. I'm sure it will involve me being pregnant for another week. I've given up. I am fully resigned to the fact that I just might be pregnant for the rest of my life. That's how it feels anyway!

What is the deal with Target? The store has a way of just sucking money out of your account. For instance, I will go for toilet paper and leave with a cart-full of STUFF. Today I went for shampoo and lotion but left with a huge set of dominoes... how did I even end up in the game section?! Hmmm... my poor sister in law came along for the ride and all she needed was diapers. I started laughing at her when her total came to over $115.00. It is quite amusing how it all works..

Scott and I have taken up a new love for chicken foot and mexican train. My family always plays when we get together but Scott has never been a fan of "playing games". He had never experienced chicken foot though.. now he is officially sucked in. We had some friends come over on Saturday night and we played for hours. I almost got angry with them when they said "Ok guys this is our last round. We need to get home." I wanted to say "How dare you end this game without our consent! We still have a few good hours left in us!"... it was almost 11:00, so I can't quite blame them. Scott even goes so far as to make train sounds to go along with the game. It's quite entertaining!

Oprah is back!! I was getting sick of her re-runs all last week! I really liked her show today. She had on some lady who was a grammar know it all. She talked about the difference in "affect vs. effect", "lie vs. lay", and whether or not the title of Oprah and Gayle's road trip should have been "Oprah's and Gayle's" or "Oprah and Gayle's". Some snotty secretary wrote in saying how she was POSITIVE that the use of Oprah and Gayle's was incorrect grammar... she was proved wrong! I don't know why I was happy that she was wrong. haha. I don't think I would have the guts to tell Oprah that I was 100% positive that something was wrong on national television unless I was 100% SURE.. which even then I would doubt myself. As for me, I need another lesson in grammar.. I throw in commas whenever I feel like it. I definitely don't use semi-colons correctly, and affect vs. effect still confuses me. I managed to get an A in both freshman english classes I took, but none of it stuck and I could use a refresher! I do remember the professor constantly ripped my papers apart because I wrote in the passive voice. Now, I couldn't even tell you what that is. Shows how much I paid attention.

I'm off to go thaw out some ground turkey. I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with it. Now that I just typed that, I am somewhat grossed out and don't think I will take any out after all. ADIOS!

1 comment:

Em said...

Morgan! Get that baby out of there!

I think you should do some jumping jacks and squats.