Friday, March 02, 2007

I hate moving!!

Really.. if I could choose between having the stomach flu for a week straight, or moving, I would pick the stomach flu in a heartbeat. We have done pretty good getting most of our stuff over to our new place, but then there is the problem of putting everything away. It is SO overwhelming to me. My mother in law and sister in law went over there yesterday and got lots of things put away, but there is still so much to be done. And yes, I am sitting here blogging not doing anything.

Scott is working down in San Diego today, so he should get home early- around 1 or 2. Then, everyone is showing up at 3 to move the big stuff. I am going to try and just stay out of the way. I seem to be in the way more lately than I help. Yesterday, we were standing in the kitchen of our apartment loading up stuff and my mother in law kept bumping into my belly. So, literally, I am physically IN THE WAY!

So, the majority of our big stuff will be moved over tonight, which means we will sleep over there tonight. Which also means that I won't be sleeping tonight. I can hardly sleep as it is, then you throw in the fact that a new house has all kinds of unfamiliar noises, then top it off with my neurotic mind, and it's not a good outlook for sleeping. When Scott and I went over to the house last night, we realized who our new enemy will be.. Let me start off by saying that I am an animal LOVER. If it were sanitary, I would have 20 dogs. Instead, I married someone who is allergic and I get ZERO dogs. Anyway. I am a big fan of animals, but our new neighbors have this dog that barked the WHOLE time we were there last night. And it's not just regular barking. I could handle regular barking. It's almost as if the little bugger has a megaphone up to his nozzle and is barking, with the megaphone, right in our window. It is sooo loud. To make things worse, what will be the babies room is directly facing their backyard. We should have known something was up... one of the times we drove by the house when we were looking at it, there was a van from Animal Control parked at the neighbors house. In the city we live, there is a 3 strike rule. If you get 3 complaints, animal control will take your dog. That breaks my heart! It is sad- and I don't want their dog to get taken away from them, but for crying out loud, can't they keep it inside or put a muzzle on it?! As much as I don't want their dog to be taken away, I also don't want a baby being woken up all night long because of the insanely loud dog. We'll just have to play it by ear... I have heard babies can sleep through anything. Humans, on the other hand, can not.

My brother Ty and his wife had their 4th addition yesterday! Holly was due a week and a half before me, and she already had this baby! That scares me.. that means my turn is just around the corner. She had her 2 weeks early, but she weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces. They named her Brynn. They already have 3 girls, and made one last attempt for a boy, but Heavenly Father had something else in store for them! One more girl makes 4!!! I think they are finished trying for a boy now. They have accepted their fate that they will only be parenting girls.. good thing their girls are so dang cute! Here she is..

My mom is going to be one busy grandma. All five of her kids have had, or will have had, a baby all within a year's time. Katie and Bob had Rex in June. Lauren and Brian had Avery in July. Holly just had Brynn in March. Scott and I will also have one in March. Daniel and Erin are having a little girl in May. That makes 5 grandbabies that are all within a year apart. That will make for fun times at family get-togethers- especially when they are all 2 years old at the same time!!

Happy Friday

1 comment:

Morgan said...

luke- you haven't heard?! I'm having a litter of basset hound puppies..