Sunday, September 23, 2007

Beware of Wet Nail Polish..








I am trying to grow my nails out. For some reason, I tend to not bite them if they are painted. Anyway, my pointer finger on my left hand had chipped polish. As I was running out the door today for church, I realized I needed to touch up the paint. I quickly applied the RED polish on my finger and rushed to put the diaper bag, Brent, my church bag, and myself in the car. At some point on the way to church I must have had my finger in or around my left nostril. Haha. Yes, I'm not ashamed. Maybe it was itch, or maybe something else. Either way, halfway to church I notice that the paint on my nail is smeared. I was wearing a white shirt, so at the red light I am frantically looking at my shirt to see where the nail polish was smeared. I couldn't find any. But I knew it was smeared SOMEWHERE, because it was ALL over my finger and had already DRIED. I glanced at myself in the rear view mirror... and ta-da. I had DRIED RED finger nail polish ALL around my left nostril. I about drove off the road. We had the primary program today and I could NOT be late. I frantically drove in the church parking lot trying to remove it with a baby wipe. Didn't work. I was scratching the heck out of it trying to get it off, but it really didn't go away. As bad as I wanted to turn the car around and go home to put nail polish remover IN MY NOSE, I had no choice but to walk into church with a brave face and act surprised when someone told me I had something on my nose. It was obvious if you looked at my smeared nail polish on my pointer finger, then look up at my nose. I was busted. It was obvious my finger was hanging out in my nostril- for whatever reason. Even if it was a scratch, people didn't know. For all they knew, I was digging for gold on my way to church. It was just a perfect way to start my Sunday. The moral of this story- ALWAYS use a kleenex... even if it's just to scratch. : )

Here are some cute pictures from Brent this weekend. It was COLD here in Southern California for the first time in a long time! Brent got to try out some of his fall clothes. We also discovered he likes to ride on shoulders. He just smiles and laughs when I walk around with him on my shoulders. Then, he decides to slump over and suck on my hair...which is about the time his shoulder ride ends. :) In these pictures I had just gotten out of the shower and he decided to suck on my wet hair. We didn't capture it on film because we were laughing so hard, but he also leaned over all the way to where he was hanging down and SUCKING on my face. It was so funny and so gross at the same time. Good times..

2 comments:

Em said...

LOL. Lady you crack me up!

Bertie said...

Morgan!!

Brent is too cute! I can't look at him and not want another baby RIGHT NOW!! You and Scott did really well! But then again- all the Hopkins babies I have ever seen have been absolutely adorable!

I love your nail polish story! You should do that every Sunday- just to see if people stop saying anything to you- and just think that it is permanent!