I rarely blog twice in one day. This, however, MUST be the exception to the rule. THE MOST MORTIFYING thing happened to me today. I AM NOT easily EMBARRASSED. I AM THE MOST embarrassed NOW than I have EVER been in my WHOLE life.
So, I was sitting on the couch feeding Brent. He spit-up all over me, so I passed him off to Scott and headed upstairs to take off my spit-up covered clothing. It was 9:00 at night, so I figured- why put another outfit on? I was on the phone with my sister and got sidetracked with my conversation, sat on my bed and talked to her, and then I heard Scott talking to someone downstairs. I thought he was on the phone or something.
**Let me tell you how our house is set up. When you walk in, there is the formal living room where people usually sit when they just stop by. (It's the only room in the house that is always clean because we never use it..:) ) Right next to the living room are stairs that go directly up. At the top of the stairs is our bedroom. So, when you are sitting in the living room on the couch and look up, you can see our bedroom PERFECTLY.**
So, as I was saying, I have taken off my spit-up clothing and am on the phone with my sister. I bounce out of our room and down the stairs without even looking up. I made it down a few stairs when I glanced up in complete HORROR. Guess who was sitting on our couch looking up at me? THE MISSIONARIES.
Yeah. So, there I stood, with NO shirt on, in all my glory, gasping in SHOCK at a missionary who is also glancing up at me with a BRIGHT RED face. I immediately turn and run back up the stairs. I am STILL on the phone with my sister and I am whispering in the phone to her hysterically what happened. She thought it was the best story ever and was practically in tears because she was laughing so hard. I was asking her frantically on the phone "So, do I throw some clothes on and go back down there and act like nothing happened, or do I just hide in my bedroom till they leave?!?!?!" I opted to hide in my room.
Those poor missionaries. They are probably scarred for life. I don't think I will return to church until they are both transferred out of the ward. I am mortified. Scott was looking straight ahead in the midst of the conversation and didn't even glance at the stairs. He had no idea it even happened. I am now racking my brain trying to think why Scott couldn't have yelled up the stairs "Hey Morgan, the missionaries are here!". While I was talking to my sister, I must not have heard the knock at the door. augh!!
Scott is predicting that the missionaries will always start randomly stopping by about 9:00 at night now. Yeah right. I think they will need counseling now. Poor, poor, fellas.
The moral of my story? Invest in a robe.
The end.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is a story the missionaries are going to write home about! That is hilarious...i can't stop laughing
wow! thanks for the good laugh.
Really funny when it isn't you:)
That was awesome! I"m sorry it had to happen to you though!
Post a Comment