I try so hard. I have the best intentions.. I try to work out every day and eat right, yet I still seem to fail. :) This morning, I hopped out of bed, and went to the gym bright and early. Then I come home and eat 2 cookies and 2 fun-sized snickers bars (to wash down the cookies, of course) for breakfast. Dang. Why do I do it?!
I went to the dentist yesterday. No cavities. Yay for me. I thought for sure I would have one thanks to TUMS. When I was pregnant I would wake up in the middle of the night with indigestion, would pop a couple tums in my mouth, and fall back asleep. I was sure that the tums were rotting out my teeth. I assumed I might as well have been popping jelly beans in my mouth in the middle of the night. Apparently TUMS do not rot your teeth! Hallelujah! Right before they started to clean my teeth, I informed the dentist that I would rather be giving birth than be at the dentist (and I didn't have a pleasant birthing experience). Seriously. I hate it that much. Having someone scrape my teeth is the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard magnified to me. She told me I was being ridiculous and proceeded to clean my teeth. Halfway through the cleaning, the dentist starts laughing and says "Morgan, why are your feet in the air??" I looked up and sure enough, both feet were up in the air and not laying in the dentist chair. We both cracked up and I said nonchalantly "Oh.. I'm just trying to get an ab workout in while you are doing your thing." She didn't buy it and we both got a good laugh. Apparently, my whole body was so tense and stiff that indeed my legs were in the air and I didn't even realize it. At the dental office that I go to, they don't have hygienists, so the actual dentist is the one that cleans your teeth. I gave her a thumbs up afterwards, it was quite pleasant actually, and told her that I now see dentistry in a new light thanks to her. I now take it back- I would MUCH rather go to the dentist than give birth.
Here's a couple cute pictures of my little man from this morning.. he just keeps getting cuter every day.
2 comments:
I hear ya with the snickers and cookies post workout. I just went to get a snack size snickers out of the freezer the other day and checked the nutrition info. Do you realize you could have two of those little guys or an ice cream sandwich and they're about the same calories? Needless to say, I went for the ice cream sandwich!:)
I keep telling myself I'll be better once I can workout again...the procrastination continues.
I love that face!!! Oh, and Brent looks cute too.
Post a Comment