Seriously, it is so sad! I think this is the point when people get pregnant again. I can see how it happens.. I am almost mourning the loss of having a tiny baby (even though he was never tiny). He is starting to act like an older infant and doesn't want to be held and cuddled. It is so sad. I will be strong though- no getting pregnant for me any time soon. haha.
We had a busy weekend and poor Brent got drug all over southern California. Friday we were in Ontario for a surprise birthday party, then Saturday we were down in Oceanside for a wedding reception. And now he is sick. Poor little guy. This is his first time to get sick and Scott and I don't know what to do! He is sneezing and coughing and has runny, red eyes, and a runny nose. I had a horrible headache last night so I took something to help me sleep, and go figure it is the ONE night that Brent decides to wake up 3 times. I didn't even hear him crying on the monitor so poor Scott had to get up with him every time. Scott said he woke up at 11:30, 12:30, and 2:00. Then he got up again at 6:00 and I woke up with him. I just rubbed some baby vicks on his chest and put him down for a nap and he is sleeping like a log. I think we will go get him a humidifier today. Scott keeps saying he wishes he could take it away and give it to himself instead of having Brent suffer. He is such a good Dad and I am so thankful for him... which brings me to this (thanks emily. :) )
I'm Thankful For..
1) The gospel. Being a mother makes me appreciate it even more. Having my own child gives me a glimpse of the type of love that Heavenly Father has for all of us.
2) Scott. I couldn't be more lucky. He treats me better than I sometimes deserve! He is so calm and patient- my complete polar opposite. He is IN LOVE with Brent and is so cute with him. He is perfect.
3) My sweet Brent. He is a ray of sunshine in our lives. I can't imagine life without him and I can't remember life before him. Our world literally revolves around him and we love it.
4) My family. I love them something fierce! I hate that we are all so spread out, but it makes it that much sweeter when we are all together.
5) Scott's family... especially MY SHANNON. :) They are all such a blessing and have made living away from my own family so much easier. It feels like Shannon was meant to be my sister and feels more like a friend than family.
6) Good books. I love a good book.
7) I have driven a many hoopty rides in my life and can appreciate a good car. There is nothing better than getting in your car and knowing there is no reason you won't make it to your final destination safely. And there's nothing better than pushing on your brakes and knowing the car will indeed stop. :) ahhh makes me laugh, but it's true. Brings back all kinds of memories...
8) Imodium AD. Those of you who know me know the rest. Enough said.
9) Makeup. It's vain but true. Man alive am I thankful for some concealer.
10) MUSIC!! I love music- all kinds- especially the kind that is written by Phil Collins. I love my piano too.. I am SO thankful for it!
I'm now tagging Pumba Johnson, Shannon, Bertie, and Josie- even though Josie won't do it. :)
Here are some pictures of Brent from the other day. In the mornings I usually have The Today Show on while I clean. Andrea Bocelli was singing and Brent could NOT take his eyes off of the TV. We have a new Andrea Bocelli fan! :) The others are just pictures I took afterwards.. he is doing this new thing where he sucks on his lips.. I think it has to do with teething.
3 comments:
11. Zingers & Dr. Pepper
12. hot tubs
13. friends who'll bail me out of jail
14. Kindercare chicken nuggets & Italian dunkers
15. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
...Now the list is complete.
You're right. I'm gonna make a new list right now.
I will try it, but I don't know how it will go! I love those pictures of Pal, he is so cute posing and watching TV like his dad!
Post a Comment