Saturday, December 08, 2007

So. Can we say "oops"? I thought about whether or not to blog about this, but this blog is mostly for me- I want to print this out one day. And mostly people that read this know about this anyway, and people that Don't know me that read this- well, it doesn't matter, because they don't know me anyway!

So. I'm kinda pregnant again. Yeah. Can we say hyperventilating?? I was feeling funny, but thought- "Noo... there is no way. No way at all." I took a pregnancy test just in case, and that is where the hyperventilating kicked in. Brent JUST turned 8 months old a few days ago. I don't know how it happened! Well, obviously I know how it happened, but it's just crazy. We had to actively TRY to conceive Brent for almost 9 months. I thought there was NO way that in ONE month of not being extremely careful (because we were still somewhat careful), that I could get pregnant. Apparently Heavenly Father had other plans. So that's that. After a couple of days of crying and being in shock, we are accepting this as a blessing and I am excited (I have to admit it took some coming around to). Brent will be 15 months- almost 16 months when this new little BUNDLE arrives. I immediately thought - 1) how am I going to nurse a baby with a toddler running around 2) How am I going to chase a toddler being pregnant 3) if I get morning sickness how am I going to spend all day VOMITING and take care of Brent 4) I haven't lost all the baby weight from Brent and now I am PLAYING IT AGAIN 5) I just got a personal trainer at the gym- great. Then I got a hold of myself and realized that I am not the only one that has gotten pregnant when they had a 7 month old (because he would have only been 7 months when I got pregnant). People do it all the time and I will be fine!! Scott and I realized I will be on track to be done having babies by the time I am 27. I'm 24 now- will have this one by 25, wait 2 years, have another, and then be FINISHED! I knew I wanted to have more than one baby, so why not just knock it out and get it over with!! Now I am trying to talk my sister in law Shannon into getting pregnant (as in this week) so I don't have to do this alone! :)

By the way, I think it's never too late for parents to give you a "birds and the bees" talk. Apparently, Scott and I might need a refresher course.

We went over to Brent's grandmas house last night to help her decorate her tree. (Well, I didn't do a whole lot of helping- Brent was being a little pistol and wouldn't let me put him down!) The one time we did put him in his saucer, his cousin McKenzie walked over and started feeding him puffs. It was the cutest thing- he was actually eating them from her too. Luckily aunt shannon had her camera to document it!

8 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

is there such a thing as kinda pregnant!??? you crazy girl!

Bertie said...

YEAH!! Congratulations! I'm so mad- I'm the only one NOT pregnant- and I'm ready for a baby NOW!! Chet is not on the band wagon. GRRR!! So- until then I will be living vicariously through you, Lauren and Katie with baby Charlie:)

I'm very happy for you- the closer they are in age, the funner it is as they grow up together:)

Katie said...

congrats, i am excited for you and scottie!!

Mel said...

I knew this was going to happen! I kept asking Katie.."are you SURE Morgan's not pregnant?" Those Hopkins girls just follow each other...first comes love, then comes marriage, then you know the rest. Kinda. :)

Bertie said...

Morgan- I need help on my blog layout. I find all these cute layouts- but everytime I preview it- then my whole side bar of stuff is gone- How do you get them to stay- or where do you go for your layouts??
e-mail me- bertieranger4@gmail.com

shannon said...

Girl, you better hope I don't get knocked up with you! Somebody has to be around to take care of that Baby Brent when your laid up in bed with a NEWBORN!!!!! Ha Ha Ha. I love ya, and I couldn't be happier for you both!

Josie said...

You're such a good mom. You'll do just great with baby #2. After that I'd stop, though. You're not THAT good.

Kidding! I'm so excited for you. Brent is going to just love having a little playmate. Congratulations!

Lauren said...

It will be hard on you, but they will be best friends once the baby can actually "play".