We went out to dinner last night and Brent was getting a little crazy. I let him eat the tomatoes off my salad, and then I thought he might like the taste of lemon. (It's sour, but I hear some babies like it!) So I dug the lemon out of my water and he barely sucked it and LOVED IT! I let him suck on it 3 more times, and each time he made a crazy face, but then would start flapping his arms wanting more. After we left, we noticed the left side of his face was red and he had a funky rash on his chin, and he was just a mess. Just then Scott and I had a flashback from the chart from the pediatrician on our fridge, which in big bold letters says "NO CITRUS UNTIL ONE YEAR OLD". Oops. Lemons are citrus.. we totally spaced on that. Apparently his little body wasn't a fan. I felt like an incompetent mother. You live and learn, right!? Luckily, the rash went away pretty quick and nothing got any worse.
I start watching a friends little girl on Wednesday. She is a teacher and had someone share the year with her so she only had to teach half a year. Courtney is just about 6 months old, and I will be watching her Wednesdays and Thursdays and every other Friday. I thought it would be fun and keep me busy. I volunteered to do it before I knew I was pregnant, though! I will be watching her until June, where I will be 8 months pregnant. I can do it! I might be waddling around chasing 2 babies, but I gotta do it! : ) It'll also be a nice little paycheck that will pay the hospital bill for baby #2!
Something else I did, before I knew I was pregnant, was register for classes this spring. In case anyone hasn't noticed, I am on the 10 year plan with school. :) Hey- as long as you finish, who cares how long it takes, right?! So, I am taking 9 hours, so hopefully I can juggle my responsibilities with home, church, and school ok.
Speaking of responsibilities at home, I have a dishwasher that needs unloading! Happy Friday.
4 comments:
i love the sideways binky... too cute! are brent's eyes hazel? they are so pretty...
I love it too! Very cute! And yes- it does not matter when you finish school as long as you finish it- I'm more on the when my kids are all grown and gone kind of schedule. :) Have fun!!
Thanks for your compliment. I appreciate people noticing. Stephen's uncle came in to town and took us out to eat. He did the SAME thing with his lemon slice to Kyle, and Kyle loved it, but it's probably not the BEST idea....he's only SIX months old!
Hi Morgan,
Your blog is so cute & I can't believe you are having baby # 2 this summer!! Addie always liked her paci in the wrong way too. These babies are so fun, huh?
Post a Comment