Brent is CRAWLING! Well, not really. But we like to think so. It is more of a scoot/military crawl technique. I have come to the conclusion that getting up on all fours must hurt his knees, because he just won't do it. :) Just kidding. Anyway, if something is within attainable reach, he will start scooting and pulling to get to it! If he thinks it is too far, he will just look at it and cry. After breakfast this morning, I got some video of him doing his semi-crawl. I was starting to get concerned. Babies that are 2 months younger than him are, and have been, crawling and pulling themselves up for a while already! He is just on his own timetable and doesn't want to be rushed! And, as a sidenote, after I posted the video I realize that I am talking to my child like a dog. It was not intentional. I say time after time, "Brent! Go get those balls! Go get them!" I didn't realize it until I saw the video!
Yesterday we went to Sea World for a few hours. We thought SURELY Brent would watch a massive whale jumping out of the water and splashing back down, but he could care less. He mostly wanted to pull the hippie man's pony tail in front of us. This is really sad, and I am embarrassed to admit it, but 50% of the reason we like to go to Sea World is to go to Mamma Stellas (a place to eat there at Sea World) and get some chocolate cake. It is just so good. So, even if Brent could care less about the sea life, that chocolate cake is dang good and makes having a season pass worth it. :)
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I totally loved seeing that!! I hope he does it later so I can see it in person! He looks so cute doing the army crawl!! YEA for big boy! FYI: Your carpets look amazing!
Does it REALLY matter in which month they crawl? 4 years down the road, they'll all be in the same kindergarten class, anyway.....I'm sure those other children's ability to crawl a few months earlier will be of no use then....
yummm, some chocolate cake sounds good right about now!
katie i hear you saying that in the "Goonies" movie voice...made me laugh..Brent you are too cute!
Post a Comment