Being a mother is the greatest accomplishment I've had and this past year of his life has been the best of my life. Recent things that Scott and I have experienced, along with thinking back on this past year, have made me realize more than ever that THINGS don't matter. Someone could walk into my house and take every single possession I own, and I wouldn't care as long as my baby is in my arms and my husband at my side. I can honestly say that.
Scott and I thank Heavenly Father for giving us Brent and for allowing us to have his sweet spirit in our home. He is a ray of sunshine in our lives and I would go through labor, as horrible as it was with him, again in a second! :)
Scott and I can't get enough of him and we even miss him when he is napping. I can't tell you how many nights at about 10:30, Scott turns to me and says "I want to go get Brent from his crib. I miss him." (By the way, my response to that always is- I love him too, but if you are crazy enough to go wake him up, then you've got some issues.. ) :) My favorite times with him are every morning when we go get him from his crib and he lays in bed with us for a little bit. Those sweet moments are growing few and far between now that he is mobile. He will lay in between us for about 4 seconds, then he is crawling all over us like jungle gyms.
Here are some pictures of Brent right after he was born! (P.S. in almost every single picture I look like I am high- don't worry. I was high, but it was perfectly legal. It's called morphine, I believe. :) )






5 comments:
Awwwww! Happy b-day little Brent:) Way to keep him alive for his first b-day!! Whoo-hoo- you are a rock star mamma:)
We love you Brent..wish we lived closer to help celebrate your special day!
Happy Birthday Brent!
WOW. I can't believe he's a year old! Kyle's first b-day will be here before I know it! I better hurry and get pregnant if I'm going to keep up with everyone! (NOT.)
I just loved hearing you talk about motherhood and how sweet that you couldn't pray outloud because you were fighting back the emotion! Your such a great Mom, and an even better Aunt! Brent is so lucky to have you and Scott.
Post a Comment