C-Section: A caesarean section (AE cesarean section), or c-section, is a form of childbirth in which a surgical incision is made through a mother's abdomen (laparotomy) and uterus (hysterotomy) to deliver one or more babies. It is usually performed when a vaginal delivery would put the baby's or mother's life or health at risk, although in recent times it has been also performed upon request for births that would otherwise have been normal
So I fought it long enough but after a lengthy conversation with the OBGYN that my midwife works under, this baby girl is coming out Saturday at 1:00 pm. I am nervous and scared but so ready to meet her and excited to not be pregnant anymore. Today the last little bit of fight that was left in my lower back gave out and I am now literally hobbling around. If I move any direction suddenly my legs almost collapse. For real. It's not fun.
So I've gone from C-Section to no c-section to induction and now back to C-Section and my mind is made up! Scott and I both feel that it is for the best, and so does the doctor. We just can't take the risk of the baby being bigger than Brent was. I'm nervous about leaving Brent for a few days but I know he will be in good hands.I just have to get through tomorrow and Friday and then Saturday is the day. I had to go today to get bloodwork done and sign consent forms in case I need a blood transfusion (yikes). I know everything will be fine, but the thought of having my abdomen sliced open gives me the chills a bit!
That is the latest and greatest. Stay tuned for pictures of Sophie this weekend!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohh! I'm so excited to meet Miss Sophie...
You will do just fine! I am so excited for you! Little girls are soooo sweet! Congrats and I can't wait to see pictures~!
Post a Comment