Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Beach!



I have lots and lots of pictures to post and EVEN a video! This should make up for the lack of pictures lately.

Today we went down to Oceanside on a whim. Shannon and her family were going, but Scott and I couldn't decide if we wanted to mess with the hassle of packing up and taking a newborn to the beach. We finally decided we would go this morning and I am so glad we did! It was so relaxing and was the perfect beach day. The only problem was- Brent HATES the sand. When he walks on the sand he acts like he is walking on glass or something. He won't play in it, won't walk on it, and won't touch it. So what does this cute toddler of ours decide to do at the beach?? Plop himself down on a blanket and eat cheetos for 4 hours. And yes- we let him. Scott calls cheetos "beach food" and we decided whenever we go to the beach we will let our 16 month old knock himself out. Whatever keeps him happy and quiet and will allow us to stay a little longer works for me! So, I have the cutest pictures of our little man plopped down on a blanket eating away. He literally stayed there for over 3 hours eating, and eating.... he is just too stinkin cute. Sophie did good- she just hung out in her carseat under the shade. I only had to feed her once, and she slept away the rest of the day.

Here Brent is snacking the day away..






Here are the girls sitting in their chairs with umbrellas attached. Is that not the cutest? They look like little divas! I love it.




Here are the boys trying to figure out how to get our shade up.. and you can see part of shannon's hot self! (Don't be mad at me Shannon for having a picture up of you in a swimsuit- you look 1,000 times better than most people I know in a swimsuit!! For real!)



Little Sophie sleeping the day away-




Meanwhile, Brent was STILL eating..





Scott and Brent hanging out- I love these pictures- my two boys!






Brent on my lap- at this point, he was getting angry.. (don't mind me in the pictures- just focus on Brent! I'm not the most photogenic person in the world! And before one of my sisters makes a smart comment- I'm not sure what I am doing with my tongue in the picture? Maybe licking food off the side of my mouth?? ;) haha. Not too sure about that!)







Standing on Uncle Shon's boogie board.



and here is a video- this is for you, mom!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love the picture of Brent on the boogie board...looks like a real California surfer dude! What a fun day at the beach... you know Midland has sand too, just not any water to go with it.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I loved all the pictures, Finally! Brent is adorable. The picture of you holding him and his sippy cup, you can tell he does not want his feet in the sad! That is too funny! What a fun day.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pictures!! You are doing so awesome with a newborn and a rambuctious little boy! Kudos to you! Rich's grandparents live in Carlsbad, so maybe if we go up and see them, we can get together so I can meet your sweet family!! Keep your chin up!

Lauren said...

I am so jealous you are so close to the beach. I'm sure he will learn to love the sand soon.