Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Ok! I found the BEST website!! Well, I didn't find it, but I've heard about it from several people. I finally checked it out for myself, and got sucked in. I could spend alot of time on it. It has yummy but healthy recipes and cute articles like "How To Survive Wendy's" and "Taco Bell Survivor Guide" and "McDo's and McDont's".. :) Also for anyone doing weight watchers, it is WW friendly and gives you the points for all their recipes.

www.hungry-girl.com

Here is a recipe that I am going to try next!



Red HOT!
These cupcakes are so moist, so delicious, so RED, and so completely guilt-free, that writing extra words to introduce this recipe would be a complete and total waste of everyone's time. So here ya go... HG's Red Velvet Insanity Cupcakes!

Ingredients:

For Frosting
6 tbsp. Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme
6 tbsp. Cool Whip Free, thawed
1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)

For Cupcakes
1 cup Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Cake Mix, Devil's Food**
1 cup Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Cake Mix, Classic Yellow**
Two 25-calorie diet hot cocoa mix packets
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1/2 oz. red food coloring
1 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
Place half of your chocolate chips (2 tbsp.) and the contents of both cocoa packets in a tall glass. Add 12 ounces of boiling water, and stir until chips and cocoa mix have dissolved. Place glass in the freezer until mixture is cold (about 30 minutes). Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together marshmallow creme, cream cheese, and 1 tbsp. Splenda until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip. Place bowl in the fridge to chill until cupcakes are ready to be frosted. Once the cocoa in the freezer has chilled, give it a stir, and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Add the cake mixes, egg substitute, remaining chocolate chips, red food coloring, 1 tsp. Splenda, and salt. Using a whisk or fork, mix batter for about 2 minutes (until smooth and blended). Batter will be thin, but don't worry, your cupcakes will puff up once baked! Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups, and spray lightly with nonstick spray (or simply spray the pan with nonstick spray). Evenly spoon batter into the pan. Place pan in the oven, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Cupcakes will look shiny when done. Once cupcakes have cooled completely, evenly spread the frosting over them. Enjoy! MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 frosted cupcake
Calories: 134
Fat: 3g
Sodium: 266mg
Carbs: 25g
Fiber: 0.75g
Sugars: 11g
Protein: 3g

POINTS® value 3*


No pictures of my kiddos! My sisters have been telling me to upload some and I haven't been obedient. Scott had his office in with Sophie's room, but since she is getting older and is starting to take more consistent naps, it was time for his office to leave her room! He moved it upstairs, which means anytime I want to upload pictures (the USB cord is in his desk), I have to hike it upstairs which means 2 unattended children downstairs. Not a good combination! Especially since Brent likes to jab Sophie in her soft spot (that is a whole nother story). So, the pictures might be fewer and far between... until I just bring the USB cord downstairs and I could upload pictures on the laptop. Dang, that just occured to me. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes.. :)

Until then, here is a walk down memory lane. I have old pictures of Brent uploaded on the laptop. Was he not absolutely YUMMY?!?! He was the cutest baby ever. (Sophie might give him some stiff competition, though!)






3 comments:

shannon said...

I enjoyed seeing that cute little boy from many many months ago. He sure was a cutie. It really makes you realize what a big boy he is now! I have to check out that site, and whip up those cupcakes would ya??

Katie said...

awe, they grow up so fast... those cupcakes look so delicious!!!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Thanks for the website. I can't believe how big Brent is now! Why can't they stay small but potty trained??