Wednesday, October 01, 2008

So before I get started on our adventure for the day, here are 2 pictures of Sophie that I just found from Sunday that I thought were pretty cute, and a few other random ones from yesterday!







Scott was able to stop working at about 1:00 today so we took an impromptu trip down to San Diego to go to sea world. We have season passes and we NEVER go, so we figured a Wednesday afternoon would not be too crowded now that school is back in session! We hit the jackpot, and we were right... no one was there- expect a bunch of Canadians and Europeans. :) Gotta love the aroma of body odor from our lovely European friends..anyway. So, it was a nice day and Brent got to ride some kiddie rides in the new Sesame Street Bay of Play area. I took him on the spinning teacups (which made me want to vomit), and Scott took him on a different ride. He was so stinkin cute!!




And no, I didn't take the below picture of Miss Thang in her corona tank top. If you look in the background, Scott and Brent are waiting in line to get on the ride. Well, more like Scott is waiting patiently while trying to wrangle Brent.





Meanwhile, Sophie was blissfully sleeping the day away. I'm not quite sure that she even knew we left the house today.. :)



I am fascinated with the Sea Lions. Scott makes fun of me, but I could sit there and stare at them for hours. I would like to take one home with me, but I'm not quite sure how to properly house a sea lion. Bathtub, maybe??? Scott literally has to drag me away from them.. I just think they are hilarious. Anyway, he took a video of them for me so I can watch them anytime I want.. he got me on video in my own personal heaven watching them and I had no idea he was filming. At the very end he tells me to say "hi" and I just look at him because I have no idea what he is talking about. I was that much in my own world with my sealions that I was totally unaware he was video taping. I wonder how I could get my hands on a baby sea lion????



The rest of the pictures are from the rest of the day. Somehow Scott managed to get lost on the way home?? People from Texas- listen. Kerrville is the same distance to San Antonio as Murrieta is to San Diego. About under an hour, and you get on a freeway and it's a straight shot. He decided to take a "SHORT CUT" to miss traffic. Yowzers. Ladies, next time your husband wants to take a short cut, be weary. :) That short cut tacked on almost an extra HOUR AND A HALF on to our trip. Not a good situation with two angry babies in the backseat. I'm not gonna lie. It wasn't fun! He luckily was able to laugh about it, but in the moment it wasn't too funny. We ended up in San Juan Capistrano (which is in Orange County, which is PAST Murrieta). The only way back was to cut through the ORETEGA MOUNTAINS, which is about a 45 minute trip to take you from Orange County to Murrieta. So, We got to see some scenic mountain views.... when we only should have been seeing freeway. That's ok. I love you Scott. And he is sitting here as I am typing saying "I didn't get lost! I missed the off ramp! I knew where we were the whole time." Ok..so whatever the case, we ended up in Orange County.........










On the docket for tomorrow?? 9:00 doctors appointments. Sophie's 2 month well baby check and Brent's 18 month... back to back. Lots of shots to be had with I'm sure lots of bellyaching! Should get interesting!

3 comments:

Toby Crabtree said...

As I told you I was not lost just missed the stupid off-ramp that more than likely wasn't clearly marked. I am to RELIANT UPON MY GPS SYSTEM.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

What a fun day! I want to go to sea world, looks like a lot of fun.

Katie said...

sea lions, really? you are weird.