Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Death By Poptarts

That's right. A poptart almost caused my death yesterday. How, you ask? Let me explain.

Yes, I am guilty- I was eating a poptart. BUT, in my defense, it was a FIBER ONE poptart and I was eating it ON MY WAY TO THE GYM at 6:45 in the morning. (True Story). Has anyone tasted the chocolate fudge fiber one poptarts? Oh my chocolatey goodness. They are yummy. Yes, they have just about the same sugar content as a good old fashioned poptart, but one poptart has 5 grams of fiber. Eat both, and you've reached 20% of your daily fiber requirement. ANYWHO. So, I ate the first one on the way to the gym. And yeah, I'll come clean and go ahead and admit that I washed it down with a diet coke. All in the 4 minutes it took to get there. On my way home, I decided to eat the other one. Here is where things went downhill.

I went to take my first bite, and a fleck of it came off the top and flew into my eye. It felt like someone stabbed me in the eye, so I immediately dropped the dang poptart and grabbed my eye with the other hand, which left no hand to operate the vehicle. Which, you guessed it, meant Scott's little honda civic went swerving into the oncoming lane of traffic. Not a good thing. I was about 2 seconds from crashing head on to a suburban when I got control of myself and yanked the car back in the appropriate lane. The next light I hit luckily turned red, so I was able to stop and with the help of the rearview mirror, fish the chunk of poptart out of my left eye. Serves me right. That's what I get for eating that junk.

Moral of the story? Don't eat poptarts while driving.

Or better yet, don't eat them at all. Opt for an apple instead. It's easier on your figure, you get your fiber, and you won't die.

The end.

P.S. I just went and voted. Scott and I were standing next to each other and I kept looking around and whispering to him. He finally said "Morgan. We're allowed to talk. This isn't a test.. you aren't cheating by talking to me." Whew. That was a relief. And he proceeded to tell me how to vote. JUST KIDDING! I did ask him some stuff, but this year I was proud of myself that I read up on all of the 12 propositions that Californians were voting for, and felt like I knew where my vote was going. I'm hoping PROP 8 passes! We'll be watching the news intently tonight!

1 comment:

Katie said...

you should stay off the road, with or without poptarts.