Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm not 15 anymore..

What was I thinking?! A group of girls from church and I went and saw the midnight showing of Twilight last night. I have so much to say about it, but unfortunately my brain is dead.

First of all, we got there super early and there were NO good seats. It was showing in like 8 theaters, but we still ended up in the second row where you have to break your neck to see. Fortunately, Shauna had the guts to go order a bunch of teenagers around and told them they needed to scoot down to make room. :) We ended up with some pretty sweet seats! Anyway- I kid you not, there were girls CRYING through the movie. Another couple of little girls were having this conversation next to us:

Little girl #1-
"Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Are they? I mean- are they gonna? Are they gonna kiss? Oh my gosh. Oh. Oh. Oh my gosh. I think they're gonna kiss. Oh my gosh. Yeah. They are going to kiss right now. Oh my gosh."

Little girl #2-
"Oh my gosh. You are right. They are going to kiss. Holy cow!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! OH MY GOSH! I HOPE THEY KISS REALLY SLOWLY SO WE CAN GET A GOOD LOOK"...

Needless to say the group that I was with that consisted of all married ladies with babies got quite the kick out of all the girls.

I've never been in a more animated movie audience- people were screaming, shouting, and clapping every 2 seconds. It was pretty entertaining. If you love the books, you can't help but love the movie, no matter how silly it is!

All in all, it was just fun to hang out with a bunch of girls and be silly and act like we were teenagers again! Although, I must admit, my eyes were BURNING at about 1:00 a.m and I didn't know if I was going to make it. I was so stinkin tired. But I endured, got home at 3:15, but of course laid in bed until 3:45. I finally fell asleep, only to wake up 15 minutes later to Sophie crying on the baby monitor at 4:00 a.m. I thought it was a bad dream!! She sleeps through the night every night and the one night I am up so late, she wakes up at 4:00!! I just put her in bed with me and tried to get 3 more hours of bad sleep until Brent was crying at 7:00. Fun times! Babies don't care when you go to bed- they still wake up bright and early!

Poor Scott. I called him from the theater to check on him. He was TERRIFIED of having Sophie. As bad as it is, the only way I can get her to sleep at night is usually to nurse her to sleep. Not a good habit, because now I can't ever leave at night! Anyway, I fed her before I left, but told him if she freaked out to try giving her a bottle and see what happens. When I called from the theater, she had just puked all over him and herself and had to bathe her and himself. I felt so bad! She's not a fan of formula and tends to puke it up, thus why he was terrified to be alone with her at night. Despite the puke, they both pulled through! :)

Anyway, all you twilighters who have yet to see the movie, enjoy! I gotta go take a nap while my babies are sleeping!

2 comments:

Katie said...

poor scottie... i get puked on all the time too!

Bertie said...

We had crazy little teenie boppers in our theater too! My post is coming tomorrow:) It is going to be the BEST!

I'm glad Scott made it through:)