Sunday, May 10, 2009

Love

Happy Mothers Day. I have been an emotional mess today- it was all I could do to hold it together singing the closing hymn in Relief Society today. My heart is full and I am so grateful to be a mother.

And I am grateful for a husband that adores them just as much as I do. I'm typically in charge of getting Sophie to bed. When I'm rocking her to sleep, Scott will bring Brent over to say goodnight to me as he is carrying him to his room. Every single night, without fail, I kiss Brent goodnight and say "Mom loves you" and Scott whispers in his ear, as they are walking away, "Dad loves you more". It's so sweet.

We've had a crazy week filled with an extremely sick baby, a trip to the emergency room, and tears. Sophie had a scare after my last post and I found her in her crib shaking, with blue lips and blue hands. Her entire body had a grey coloring to it and she was ice cold. She was completely lethargic and I threw her in the car and rushed to the ER. By the time we got to the hospital, she was limp, sweating, and on fire. She was running a 104 fever by the time I got there and she had a rough day getting poked and prodded by doctors. Two days later, she bounced back and acted as if nothing was ever wrong. Thank goodness for antibiotics. I never want to see one of my kids that sick again.

We are moving again next week- just a few exits up. I feel sick to my stomach when I think about having to move again, but this will be the last time before we buy a house. Prices have dropped in southern california, and owning a house is soon going to be within reach. I just need to be patient a little longer! I am not a fan of boxes and moving trucks, though. Yuck.

Here are some recent pictures. Sophie is a little CHUB! She is DELICIOUS! I think I say that every time, but she is! She is still not really crawling, but she moves like an inchworm or a caterpillar to get to stuff. She is trying to pull herself up on things and her top tooth has broken through the skin! Brent is making leaps and bounds with his speech. He says something new every day. He was playing the other day and I was reading Sophie a book. I was showing her a picture of a doggy and I said "What does a doggy say?" I was just about to answer my own question, when Brent turns around out of nowhere and goes "Woof Woof!". My mouth dropped open. He is catching up quickly and we are so happy at his progress. The other day we were outside in the little baby pool on the patio, which he LOVES, and I finally told him it was time to go inside and eat lunch. He got out of the pool and looked at me and said "I want bath". I was like, "Huh?!?" He said again, "I want bath", then turned and pointed at the pool. It was so cute. I guess it was kinda like a big bathtub! He is getting more creative with how he communicates. He didn't know it was a pool, but a bath was the closest thing to it that he knew how to say!





1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow Morgsn. That sounds so scary! I'm glad she is OK.