Monday, May 04, 2009

No Fun

Being sick is never any fun. HOWEVER, I'm always down for a cuddly baby, and my Sophie is NEVER cuddly. Even in the womb, she was always moving and flailing around. Brent NEVER moved and I was always convinced he had his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and was in fetal distress. I always had to question if he was ok or not. Not my Sophie. She never stopped moving and it was so nice to always feel content that she was alive and kickin in there! And she hasn't stopped since.

Any time we try and cuddle with her, she flails around and tries to get away. She is not cuddly, wasn't in the womb, isn't now, and I don't foresee her ever being a cuddle bug. Good thing her brother is a cuddle monster. I imagine he never moved in the womb because he was too busy cuddling up in there, and now here he is, 2 yrs old, and still wants to be held and he will rest his head on your shoulder and stay that way as long as you'll let him. I have a point to my story.. hang on.

So my poor Sophie is a pretty sick girl right now. And her sickness is letting me CUDDLE WITH HER for the first time ever! (No joke- even as a newborn the kid wouldn't hold still). I am soaking up every bit of it. Her fever got up to 103.7 today and she was a hot mess. She went to the doctor, and after blood work, they said it must be a virus that she probably picked up from her well baby checkup on Thursday. (We essentially paid a 30 dollar copay on Thursday for a nasty virus. Thank you Kaiser Permanente!) One good thing about our old pediatrician is that they had 2 separate waiting rooms- a well baby room and a sick baby room. They had completely different entrances, hallways, and examination rooms so that kids just going for well baby checks weren't exposed to sick kids. Loved that. Anyway.

They drew blood from Sophie and I'm glad I wasn't there- Scott took her. He said it was horrible and they couldn't find a vein. After 2 arms and a whole lot of digging, they got the blood they needed. She looked pretty pitiful with gauze and tape on both of her arms! I took some pictures of her before her bath. She was ANGRY, but as soon as I pulled out the camera, she saw the flash and chippered up. Sweet girl. But don't let the smile fool you, she is one ANGRY girl. I have a feeling I'll be seeing lots of her tonight. As in- 3:00 a.m-ish.

Here are pictures of her in her sickly state. And a video too. I realized I don't have hardly any video of her and TONS of Brent when he was a baby. I'll regret that a few years down the road. She's growing up too fast. And I threw in a picture of Brent eating a cupcake at his cousins birthday party. He was in heaven.







After I uploaded the video, I remembered why I don't take any video- it is super dark all the time. I NEED A NEW CAMERA!!!

3 comments:

pambelina said...

I'm so jealous. Not that Sophie is sick, but that she is cuddly. Dutch is the exact same way, constantly moving and looking for something better to do than snuggle with me!

Katie said...

she is just so sweet even when she is sick! and she can clap? what a genious!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

Mean mom, she just wanted to lie down and you kept asking her to clap her hands! haha! She sure is chubby loaf of sweetness! And way to go Brent on eating a cupcake!