Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Intuition

Sophie is becoming the NAUGHTIEST girl... she knows she is not allowed to touch our plant. She does it anyway, and always checks to see if I am looking first. I caught her red-handed.



Completely changing the topic, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of hearing this story, listen up!

Yesterday my doorbell rang. I answered the door annoyed because I was scared the doorbell woke up one of my napping kids. A wild eyed, creepy guy was standing on my doorstep. As he looked behind my shoulder and into my house he said "Is Mike in there?" Everything about the situation was weird. He rubbed me the wrong way and I instantly got goosebumps. Luckily Scott was working from home and he came down the stairs as I rudely told the creep "No- Mike is not here", and I shut the door- AND LOCKED IT. My intuition told me something was not right with him. I looked out the window and he took off, practically running, down the street.

About 2 minutes later our doorbell rang AGAIN. Scott immediately went for the door and I jumped up and said "DON'T ANSWER THE DOOR". Even with my husband home, I had the WORST feeling. I thought that creepy guy was back. I looked out the peephole, and it was my neighbor Lisa and her two kids, one of which was crying. We opened the door, and she looked TERRIFIED. Her little girl was shaking and crying and Lisa said "Have you guys seen anything weird?? SOMEONE JUST BROKE INTO MY HOUSE."

I told her about the whack job who rang my doorbell a few minutes earlier. We figured he was the one who broke into her house. He jumped her back fence and broke in through her bedroom window. When she got home, her gate had been messed with, the screen was off her bedroom window, her front door was wide open, and her back sliding door was wide open. She called the police and they came and interviewed everybody.

How strange is that? Even more strange is that nothing was out of place in her house. All of her jewelry, her laptop, her kids playstation games, everything was just as she left it. The cops have no idea what he was looking for or what he was doing. He thinks he may have gotten spooked at her house and went to my house next to case it out.

When the cop came and interviewed me he begged me "PLEASE never answer the door again unless it is someone you know or a UPS or Fed-ex guy." Had Scott not come down the stairs when I opened the front door, who knows what would have happened.

So my already paranoid, skiddish self has become even MORE paranoid. I just got home and heard noises and went and got Scott's gun. Scott called and I told him I was sitting with his gun next to me he made me promise I would put it away. He said "The only person that is going to get hurt with a gun is YOU. PUT IT AWAY!!!".

Here are some pictures of little Sophie and Brent. Sophie pushes around tonka trucks all day like a boy. Meanwhile, Brent rides her princess bike. What is wrong with this picture?! I think they are confused..







She had her 1 yr check up yesterday (a few weeks late), and she weighed 23 1/2 pounds. What a CHUB! I think 18 of those pounds rest solely in her cheeks. Also, I try and play the piano a few times a week and every time I sit down to play, Brent thinks he needs to play too. I think it is good for him so I usually let him. Maybe he will be the next Josh Groban?? :) The pictures crack me up- in one, he is shutting his eyes, almost like he is so intently feeling the "music" that he is playing... He also watches how I turn pages, so he'd play for a few minutes, then reach up and turn the page, and keep playing.





3 comments:

Katie said...

does brent give lessons? maybe he can teach rex a few tunes.

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

First, THANK you for changing your music:)
Second, Scott is right..you would shoot your eye out.
Thirdly, I love the pic w/ Brent playing the piano and his other hand is on Soph's head! Too cute.

Josie said...

Morgan!!! It makes my heart stop to think of that man outside your house. Be careful out there.