Saturday, September 26, 2009

Beach Bums

It was 105 today, so we made a break for the beach. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that you can drive 25 miles and the temperature drops almost 30 degrees. Crazy inland weather. Anyway, when we drove into Oceanside our car thermometer read 74 degrees.. it was pure heaven.

And I think these might be my all time favorite pictures ever of my kids.. Sophie wore her sunglasses almost the entire time. It was hilarious. Aunt Shannon needs to go into business taking pictures! :) Brent was also in pure heaven digging in sand, chasing his cousins on the beach, and eating "beach food" a.k.a "JUNK". He is quite the typical 2 yr old boy, however, and there was one mishap where cousin McKenzie had a fistful of sand throw in her eyes/mouth/face.... no mystery who the culprit was there!

Here are the cutest pictures ever of Sophie. I can seriously hardly stand it how cute she is .I guess I'm a bit biased... :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

excuse my legs- I tried to photoshop them out- it didn't work...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Brent was eating grapes and the grape was stuck on his tooth. He totally looked like he only had 1 tooth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Trying to work Grandma over for more grapes..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, that is Brent's grandma, and YES, she has a better figure than most 20 year olds..

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think that may have been our last beach trip of the summer. It's time to vaccum out our van and call it good! There is sand everywhere!

2 comments:

Katie said...

so fun... i love sophie's cute sunglasses!

Mel said...

I can relate. It's autumn somewhere, or so I hear, but we're still hanging out at the pool and heading to the beach!