Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Utah Trip

On 10:00 a.m on Friday, I decided it would be a genius idea to hop in the car and drive to Utah for the long weekend. My husband is either really sweet or scared of me (I think it's a mix of both, actually) and he agreed. :) So after laundry, packing, and last minute errands we didn't end up leaving until 2:00 p.m. It actually was a REALLY fun drive and the kids did really well. The way home was a different story. In fact, the way home was so bad that I might get a headache even blogging about it, so I think I'll skip over it entirely. Let's just say the kids screamed, the traffic was horrid, Sophie had about 10,000 blow outs, and what should have been a 10 hr drive ended up almost taking 14 hrs.

But back to the good times, we had SO much fun! I've always been anti-Utah but I was semi-converted over this past weekend. :) The weather was GORGEOUS, the mountains were calling my name, and I could definitely live in American Fork. That won't happen, so in the meantime, we'll keep visiting..

Brent fell asleep like this. We thought he was just playing, but after about 30 minutes I realized he was actually asleep. It was so funny- he stayed in this position for about 2 hrs (on the way. there was NO sleeping on the way home..)

Photobucket

Brent looking out at the backyard at my brothers house. He LOVED their swing set and would sit and stare out the window.

Photobucket

My nieces Brooklyn and Brynn

Photobucket

Hanging with the girls

Photobucket

CHEESE!! Niece Brynn

Photobucket

This stroller was the source of much contention over the weekend... and can you believe Brent is YOUNGER than Brynn? He towers over her! She is an itty bitty thing!

Photobucket

Scott and Brynn

Photobucket

Brynn again... can you tell we were smitten with her? She is the tiniest, cutest, happiest little thing I've ever seen in my life. Scott almost stuck her in his suitcase because he fell in love with her.

Photobucket

Sophie and Daddy

Photobucket

Sophie with a mouthful of apples

Photobucket

Making faces with Daddy

Photobucket

Rylee and Brooklyn

Photobucket

Sophie in her new outfit compliments of her older cousins!

Photobucket

Photobucket

American Fork Canyon- yes, my eyes are closed. No surprise there!

Photobucket

My brother Ty roasting hot dogs

Photobucket

Avery saying CHEESE!!!!

Photobucket

Sophie, Brookyln, and Rylee

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Brent in HOG HEAVEN throwing rocks

Photobucket

Photobucket

The gang

Photobucket

Cousin LOVE

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Avery and Brent getting into trouble. They were both soaked about 5 minutes after I took this picture..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My FILTHY little man

Photobucket

We had to drag Brent out kicking and screaming...he did not want to leave the canyon!

Photobucket

More pictures later!

I have to go to school and take a math test. Should be interesting! :)

3 comments:

shannon said...

What great pictures Mic. Sounds like a fun little trip. I am jealous, I want to go somewhere!!

Heather said...

Dude-I can't believe you guys came through Vegas and didn't hook up with me!! We could've broken up that trip for ya! Maybe next time right?! So you should have access to my blog-let me know if there are any probs

Katie said...

fun! cute... i am jealous. next weekend take a trip to texas.... you can do it.