Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Tree Farm

Does anyone else out there want to eat their kids?! Sometimes, I look at my babies (at least once a day), and they are SO STINKING cute that I JUST CAN'T STAND IT. I just want to take a bite out of them. They are the yummiest things since... well, since Little Debbies. :)

That was just a side note. And I guess every Mom feels like that.

Yesterday we went with Grandma and cousin Hailey to go pick out a Christmas tree for Grandma's house. Scott and I prefer the fake trees that you can take out of a box every year! I thought it would be fun to take the kids and let them run down the rows of trees. I don't remember having Christmas tree farms in Texas?? Or maybe they just didn't have them in Kerrville. Anyway, you get to pick out your tree and then they chop it down in a few weeks whenever you are ready for it.

My kids LOVED every second of it. And Brent is in love with his cousin. They held hands almost the entire time. I'm thankful that 5 yr old Hailey will humor Brent and hold hands with a 2 yr old.







Why do I even try to get a picture of all three of us? It's impossible. Brent is a defiant 2 yr old who will only pose when HE wants to! I just thought it was funny that Scott's Mom took a group shot of my group, and these are the 2 that I ended up with. No one looking at the camera and Brent screaming. Just a day in the life... :)


3 comments:

Katie said...

i would love to have a real tree one day!

Heidi Noel said...

Sadly my mom and I are allergic to "real" Christmas trees. So, I can never experience the joys of a tree farm. However, I did go trekking in the mountains with my husband one year to find a tree for his family. Very snowy and cold.

Susan said...

Cute place! and yes...I want to eat my kids :)