Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Friday morning we loaded up the minivan and headed to Arizona. We had a cute chauffeur..

Photobucket

Don't worry- she checked the rear view mirror

Photobucket

The kids were angels in the car- shocker, I know. We owe it all to snacks and the DVD player..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stopped at a couple of rest stops and checked out our shadow..

Photobucket

Saw the Grand Canyon- it was BREATHTAKING. I've seen it before, but appreciate it more as an adult.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spent time with cousins and family..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Watched Scott refuse to wear a jacket..

Photobucket

Worried that Brent would try and take a running jump into the Grand canyon, so we held on to him for dear life (not really.. I wasn't too nervous, actually!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Had boogers practically freeze to our face..

Photobucket

Took a poop in the Grand Canyon National Park while trying to look insconspicuous..

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Practiced Yodeling

Photobucket

And loved spending time together

Photobucket

We went on the polar express train ride. It was all a blur because my children were screaming the entire time. I think I blocked it out. Sophie ended up falling asleep on the train- HALLE-FRICKIN-LUJAH!

Photobucket

It was such a fun little trip. I'm already planning the next one. Yosemite in June? Sounds fun to me!

2 comments:

Katie said...

love the kids in their cold weather gear! i bet scottie freezed his tushy off though!

the andersons said...

wow.. you got some really great pics! I love the one of Brent yodeling. :) Looks like fun.