Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TRUE STORY

So this happened last week, but I am paranoid I will forget about it. TRUE STORY people, TRUE story. No exaggeration involved.

So I'm at Kaiser in Riverside (for you people in Texas, Kaiser in California is a big giant HMO- our insurance is through them). My hair looked GHETTO NASTY that day. As I was walking out of my doctors office, he told me to stop at the nurses desk to get a follow up appointment. I so wish I had my camera with me, because my description just won't do this story justice.

As I approached the desk, I see two, rather heavy-set ladies in their 40's or 50's, that were just giggling and laughing. They both were wearing floral t-shirts with some type of spandex leggings. They were so happy that I couldn't help but smile and my mood was instantly brightened. One was getting her blood pressure taken, and the other was just there for moral support. They HAD to be sisters.

Anyway, here is the clincher. They both had the BEST mullets that I have EVER seen in my life. I had to pick my jaw off the floor. How often do you see ONE mullet in a typical day- let alone TWO.

Mullet sister #1 turns to me and says "OOOOH- I LOVE your hair!"

Now, it took everything in me to not laugh. I tried so hard, but I couldn't help it. I just started giggling. I think I couldn't hold back the laughter because the IRONY that two happy sisters, with the CRAZIEST mullets I'd ever seen, were complimenting my hair at the very moment I was in shock over theirs.

I said "Oh, thanks!". Sister #B, who the poor nurse was STILL trying to get a blood pressure reading, said "Would you turn around so we can see the back??"

Ok. It was almost more than I could take!

Seriously. In that moment, I wished someone was with me so they could share the experience. It was too funny to experience alone. In my mind, I was thinking "Is she hoping that my hair is mullet-like in the back?!" Anyway, instead of asking questions, I took a little spin and they both were OOHING and AWWING over my hair.

What was the first thing that came out of my mouth after they complimented my hair, once again?

I looked at both sisters and said "Well, you guys have great hair too!"

I said it in a completely genuine manner, and they kinda blushed. One of them said "Yeah, but I keep thinking I should grow mine out."

I said "Yeah, me too. I think I am going to grow mine out too."

Then, I KID YOU NOT- one of them said "No, I don't think you should grow yours out- maybe you could layer the sides more."

It took ALL the self control I could muster to not say "You mean, make it more mullet-like??"

In that moment, I was DYING inside. This was a dream come true. I was exchanging hair compliments with two jolly women with mullets, and they were giving me pointers on MY hair.

It was the highlight of my year. I just can't tell you how awesome that was. SO SO stinkin funny. I was surprised at the level of composure I was able to have when inside I was dying laughing. Yes, a gew giggles escaped, but we were all laughing together. Good times.

The Mullet Sisters at Kaiser in Riverside. The highlight of my year. Possibly the highlight of the next 5 years.

TRUE story people. Absolutely true.

7 comments:

K and Em said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing- I love your great stories!

Katie said...

funnny... you sure that didn't happen in texas though?

Ginger said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Ha! Oh, I love this! I was laughing so hard! Thanks for sharing!

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I was thinking the same thing as Kitten..haha toobad u couldn't sneak in a pic.

Em said...

Oh Morgan, I love you!

Casey Miller said...

Ok...so I am bored at work, catching up on everyones blogs....YOU ARE FREAKIN HILARIOUS! Thank you for making me laugh until I had tears rolling down my face!